How to Model a Grid

Hello

I try to draw a basket with the walls and the mesh bottom,

How to model a rectangular grid with leaves at the 4 corner?.

Hello

I'm not sure I understood your question as well as the product you want to get but here are the answers that come to me quickly:

- Use a scan with Sw's scan function

- Use the "mechanically welded" function with a circle-shaped profile

- Finally, Apply a realview appearance texture.

Give us more information about the type of part you want and especially about the purpose of your project.

Cdt

1 Like

Hello

on SW, you have to start with the sheet metal module, draw the part in development with the perforations for your grids, then you insert your folds to make your basket

1 Like

Hi

Are you looking to do something like this?

I did it with the Bosages on solidworks there are all the functions displayed on the screen

panier_griller.jpg
1 Like

Hello

Indeed, as ajaillot points out, we have to start with the idea of scanning a circle along a 2D or 3D trajectory. You can find a good explanation in the SolidWorks tutorial (? -> Advanced Techniques -> 3D Sketching).

Kind regards

tutorielsw.jpg
2 Likes

Create a sheet of sheet metal, make the cuts (to represent the wire mesh).

Then apply a "basket" shape tool with leaves.

I haven't tested it, so I can't tell you if it works, it's just an idea.

1 Like

What exactly is the need?

An appearance with a transparent mesh texture on solid faces will make it possible to make a light 3D that is quick to calculate.

For the drawing, a hatching on the solid faces will allow a correct representation.

If 3D modeling of the holes is necessary, you should know that if there are many holes, the file becomes very quickly large and long to calculate. A trick is to mold the threads, to make linear repetitions WITHOUT merging them so as to have a multi-body part.

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answers,

the result you are looking for is like that of the Centor image "panier_griller.jpg"

and for the drawing Christophe.bray's solution is perfect.

Thank you all.

P.Martinez

1 Like