How to Change a Sheet Metal Thickness in an Assembly

Hello

I have a main assembly in which I have parts that are put in context (example width, height) I would also like to be able to (either by the table or equation design or even custom property) which will also say that I would like the sheet metal thickness to be either e.g. 3.13mm or 1.99mm. I would like to be able to choose this ''function or options'' in my head assembly and I link it with all my parts put in context  in this assembly.

thank you in advance you are amazing:)

Hello

You go to the creation tree and you right-click on the part and you get edited, then if you don't see your dimensions when you click on the function you want to modify, you will have to activate the 3D instant.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, but how do I go to link everything it's listed with a variable in my assembly?

Hello

By going through the equations of your head assembly, you create a variable "Thickness of sheet" = 1.3 for example for this or that configuration if necessary.

then you click on your part to get your thickness dimension / Bending radius K-factor. (Well yes if you change one there is a good chance that you will also change the radius ;) )

In my case I did an auto calculation of the radius  R=thickness *1.5 for example

And you assign them their corresponding variable.

Here is an example:

Available as an attachment for better quality.

So much so, hoping to have given one of the possible solutions.

tolerie_via_equations.png
2 Likes