How can you force a user to serve only standard or only professional?

We have 4 types of solidworks licenses (standard, pro, premium, and simulation), how to force a user to serve only standard or only pro

Hello

On each workstation, you have to check/uncheck the Complements (Tools/Add-ons) which make you have one type of license or another. (Remember to check the right column to activate them at startup).

For example, if I check the "Scan to 3D" add-in, the system assigns me a Premium license.

2 Likes

I think that installing each version on different users should be enough, right?

With the floating license server, there is no myen to assign people to it?

To a lesser extent, you can go to the SolidNetWorks License Manager (Start/All Programs/SolidWorks20xx/SolidWorks Tools), tab "license order", you can set the order in which the licenses are obtained. But you can't force you to take a Standard license, just favor a Premium over a Professional.

3 Likes

Hello

It seems to me that it is possible to assign a type of license to a person or a computer as a priority. It may be necessary to look more carefully at the document that is cited in the help here.

http://help.solidworks.com/2015/french/SolidWorks/install_guide/c_FLEXnet_publisher_lic_mgt.htm?id=83d86e604ffd426e9112970defb2fc53

@+