How to get the right sheet metal development from a bent sheet metal

Hello.

As in the attached photo  , I present my problem to you. So I started my piece with the sketch that can be seen in blue to create my sheet metal.

The problem is that when I use the unfolded state function at the bottom of the tree, I don't get the right developed length.

By adding the length of the arch of the arched part and the two 100mm drilled bands, I get, 1365+100+100=1565. and developed me in 1890,....

If you can enlighten  me, I thank you.

sans_titre.png
1 Like

A priori, like that seen from a distance, I would say that Solidworks adds a loss to the fold that you don't take into account

If you calculate from the outside of your part, do you get a value closer to Solidworks?

2 Likes

Coin 37coin,

My piece is only 3mm thick. So no, it doesn't change much about my length of 1565.

I do think like you. Solidworks must take into account the loss of the curve roundness at the folds that I don't know how to modify. Maybe the process is not the right one? I may have to start from a flat face and insert a fold with a large radius that corresponds to my curve.

I still hope to be able to use the fastest method.

1 Like

Agree with you@coin37coin

2 Likes

In rolling, it is necessary to work in neutral fibre: the coef K assigned to the radiated fold must be 0.5.

The other plies must have a K coefficient of 0.01 (for the use of inside dimensions).

7 Likes

Here is a possible example to help you.

developpe_tole_ep_3_mm.sldprt
2 Likes

Thank you everyone

Thank you david be3 with the coef K 0.5 it's already much better.

Drawing 6 thank you for your file, unfortunately I can't open it.

1 Like

Hello

If it's a curved piece only, the easiest way is to use the bend area instead of the K factor, on the other hand the value of the bend area you have to put your length developed.

Neutral Fiber Radius x ft.

Good luck

1 Like

hdjoux.

Precisely, I am looking for Solidworks to determine my developed length and not the other way around.

Thank you for your indications.

1 Like

So the best way is that of David be3.

1 Like