How to get a color 3D Pdf on Solidworks?

I want to save a 3D pdf of one of my assemblies. I save as PDF, I check the box PDF 3D. But when I open my 3D pdf (After taking care to download the latest version of Acrobat), I get a 3D pdf that I can move as I want but this one is all gray and white, which is not very salesy, all the appearances I attributed to it have disappeared!

How do I keep the appearance, colors and materials of my assembly when I save it as a 3D PDF?

Thanks in advance!

No way. Adobe doesn't keep textures.

On the other hand, you can save in edrawing which keeps the textures.

2 Likes

Who are your pdfs for? Customers? or a website?

If it's for a client, you'll have to save in executable edrawigs so that he can read the file without having to install edrawings.

1 Like

Then if you are at an advanced level in programming, you can make an html script or flash to integrate your textures into the pdf. But that's another story!

1 Like

?? At home, when I create a 3D PDF, the colors are kept... The textures don't keep but the basic colors of SW are well saved...

1 Like

On the other hand, I found this:

"Indeed, SolidWorks must not know how to export textures in 3D PDFs.

On the other hand, Datakit knows how to do it: with CrossManager, you can convert your files into 3D PDFs while keeping your textures."

(From a Lynkoa topic: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/pdf-3d-1 )

2 Likes

Exact there is datakit, but paid and I find it very expensive =)

2 Likes

HS: How much does CrossManager cost @Bart?

1 Like

I had a price request at the time, from memory it was 300 euros per format to export.

Check with the retailer.

1 Like

By clicking on the link below, you will be taken to the CrossManager overview page. In the description, you have a link to request a demo version!

http://www.datakit.com/fr/cross_manager.php

EDIT: you have to register on the site though

On the other hand, I never managed to use the trial version.

You have to ask for an activation code which for me has never worked. :/

1 Like

hi

for the color 3D pdf you have to put a normal color on each part, so not textured

I'm attaching a small explanation pdf document that explains step by step how to do the recording in pdf to be sure that it is in color hoping to have helped ;)

enregistrement_pdf_en_3d_couleur.pdf
1 Like

Hello

For those who have 3Dvia Composer or solidworks composer the backup in pdf3d concerve the textures.

1 Like

Great thank you for your answers!

I don't have the opportunity to look into the question right away but I will keep you informed as soon as I have tried all your tricks.