How to quickly open a file with its name without knowing its location?

Hello

I'm trying to figure out how to quickly open a file when you know its name but not its location. Indeed, like many companies, we have a tree structure of many files to best classify our assemblies, parts, etc. And it is often laborious to find a folder to be able to open a simple part or assembly.

We codify our pieces, so through a repertoire, for example, I know that I have to open TOTO. SLPRT but if I do FILE, OPEN and I write TOTO. SLPRT nothing happens. Under CREO Parametric (pro-engineer) there was a file created that scanned and wrote the entire tree structure and therefore hid it by typing TOTO. PRT the room opened.

Can you help me

Thank you in advance.

Windows search works pretty well.
Eventually, you have to add the network locations for it to be indexed.

Thank you but I am looking for an internal solution to the solidworks software to work later with a MACRO or others and save time.

OK

One of the big differences between Creo (and Inventor on this point) and SW is the non-management of working directories.
It is only by going through EPDM which manages the files in the form of a database that can meet your needs.

However, if you're in the macro stage, maybe you can manage an index (even if it is refreshed at night or on demand).

1 Like