How do you pass rays over intersecting edges? The shelves are poorly represented, or they don't fit at all!

erreur_rayons.jpg

Try to make them all in the same leave function.

2 Likes

It is difficult to answer with so little information.
Can you post your piece? (or a simplified version that allows you to reproduce the problem)

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I had already tried to do everything in the same function, without success unfortunately...

I'll try to be + clear.

Do a material removal by extrusion of a vee shape with a pointed radius, another removal at 90°, you have a beautiful shape at the crossing (see image radius error 2 and example in 3D).

if you do the same thing, but in a point without a radius, the spokes no longer fit... cf example2

2018-11-16.7z

Hello

Wouldn't it be because of a side that disappears completely absorbed by the ray?

We see in the error message that it offers you to use the "leave front" option, have you tried?

Hello

Alas, yes... I have had the 2018 version for 1 week. Without wanting to say it, it seems to me that it worked before because I had started before in the 2014 version.

Hello @ fbicard_2

I don't see any problem either in the example file1 or the example file2. I'm in SW 2019

The removal of material is carried out exactly in accordance with the sketches in one or the other file.

What is possible is that I did not understand anything about your request, which would be reassuring for you.

That said, about SolidWorks, what you need to know is that there is never a functional regression between two versions. There are bugs that can affect old features but this is very rare. Because the code of older versions is never or very rarely changed for simple reasons that we can discuss once your problem is solved (right).

A+

In 2016 it only works if the shelves are not identical.

He tells me that the surface is too complex for him.

Hello everyone and thank you

Zozo, the removal of material works, I'm ok, what doesn't work is afterwards, if you want to radiate to r=0.2 mm the bottom of the throat.

That said, since I'm more stubborn than SW, I proceeded in another way: I extruded surfaces with rays, and removed material from the surfaces.

It's much longer but the result is correct.

I will talk to the person who follows us.

See you soon.

Hello

Sorry for not having answered you correctly at the beginning.

Good news, it works, but on the condition that you don't treat both grooves at the same time and don't put the same parameters for the second groove.

In pictures, the result if you're interested, I'll make you a nano TUTORIAL

Kind regards

PS: you are right to be stubborn because it shows that you are not easily discouraged. One of my workshop colleagues faced with a difficulty said  SIC "we are not going to let ourselves be Emm..... r by a piece of scrap metal (end of quote) in general with it the scrap rarely had the upper hand :-)

1 Like