How can the byte size of an assembly be reduced?

Hi all

Indeed, I have the impression that we have lost ourselves in the battle.

I have to make a record of a complete installation as a finished product (provided by our subcontractors) All the files received were in parasolid, so no surface. The only elements I have in surface are the metal frames, files that I can't convert into volume because carpenters don't work in volume. (if you have a solution on this subject, I'm interested, but I'll probably start another discussion on this subject)

In the end, I have a general assembly that is more than 1 GB that I can't save and I haven't re-inserted all the subassemblies yet.

This assembly will ultimately have to be sent to our customer.

I'm going to try the solution of "froussel" and "olivier42" which seems to me the most suitable.

Did you?

on the parts places the blocking bar at the end of the creation tree

Once created an assembly with the constraints wanted to fix all the components

with defeature you will have only the external surfaces of visible 

so in theory a smaller file

put your sub-assemblies in part 

and again 

@+

1 Like

Hi all

To lighten the assembly, indeed, you have to "FIX" all the elements (Assemblies, Sub-assemblies, parts). By doing this operation, all the constraints are put in "partial deletion" and SW does not have to rebuild them, nor load or save them => we gain a few KB

Creating as many subassemblies as possible in the master assembly also helps to reduce the size of the assembly.

According to the information I was able to get too, you have to do the minimum of "configuration" and favor the "Display States".

I'm going to put all these methods into practice and cross my fingers that it works. I will keep you posted, thank you.