How to manage an assembly with excel

Hello

I would like to be able to change the dimensions of several parts in an assembly from Excel. I've tried the part family, but it doesn't work for changing the dimensions of parts in an assembly. 

I use SolidWorks 2014 and Excel 2010.

Thank you in advance.

Hello.

By creating a macro where you indicate that for such and such a box it opens such and such a 3D and puts the value in such and such a sketch, I don't see it well.

(E.g. for box A1, the value entered corresponds to dimension 3 sketch 2 of 3D XXX)

I hope for you that there is something easier, because you will create a gas plant for yourself and it will drain you a lot of resources (and creation time incidentally). And if you go with this in mind, think about creating a button to act only when you decide to. Otherwise it's going to be crappy

An idea:

It seems to me that it is possible to control a family of parts by an excel sheet.

Is it possible for multiple pieces to share the same sheet?

If For example for your assembly

It is a door with a frame

you create your door with its sides by momming these ribs 

and that in the assembly you integrate this door by creating the frames that reference the edge of this door

when you modify this door the frames will be modified by this fact

So the only refs that will be modified will be the sides of this door and yet all your set will have multiple rating solutions

@+-))

1 Like

I think I've found a solution, here are my lines of VB code in excel (see attached file)

On the other hand, I leave the possibility to the user to give a new name to the files and the assembly. But I can't replace the links of the new parts in the new assembly, it keeps the basic names.

I would have to give it the new names of the pieces.

if anyone has an idea please

code_pour_assemblage_parametre.txt

I think I've found a solution, here are my lines of VB code in excel (see attached file)

On the other hand, I leave the possibility to the user to give a new name to the files and the assembly. But I can't replace the links of the new parts in the new assembly, it keeps the basic names.

I would have to give it the new names of the pieces.

if anyone has an idea please

Hello

There is a utility, among the 35 tools in the myCADtools suite, that can meet (or more) your request.

The objective of the "PilotAssembly" utility is to be able, from an Excel file, to manage and modify a complete assembly:

• Deletion states of certain components.
  • Component configurations .
  • Assembly constraints.
  • Component property values (parts and/or assembly).
  • Function suppression states directly in the rooms.
  • Dimensions in the rooms.
  • Etc...

myCADtools is indeed paid, but the advantages are numerous. See the presentation document of all the tools here.

Kind regards

I was successful using the code as an attachment. I still have one or two things to refine, I'll show the code once finished to those who are interested.