How do I retrieve variables from a card so that they can be written to the actual solidworks file?

Using "myPDMtools version 2015 sp2.2", I inject the data from our ERP "PMI" into the map of the files concerned.

Everything works very well.

If I open a file with a card filled in this way and for x reason I have to save it, the card loses all its variables.

Indeed, the variables of the card are not found in the custom properties of the file and the latter come to replace the variables of the card.

How do I retrieve variables from a card so that they can be written to the actual file?... if that is the solution.

Hello

I don't use MyPDMTools but if you are in a PdmWorks environment (Solidworks PDM) if the card variables are well mapped with the file properties, it works both ways.

The file is updated by the data card and vice versa the data card can be fed by the file. However, you have to extract at least once and save for the map to fill up.

1 Like

Hello lcottet,

You have to look at your Variables are not Gartuite Variables.

The free variable is not written on the properties of the file, only in the SQl database so I don't say stupid.

variable_gratuite.jpg

Thank you Cyril, this seems to be a good lead.

Pierre, none of the variables are free.

After testing in multiple configurations;

Variables that MyPDMTools automatically enter do not fit in the file properties.

Opening and saving a file removes the map variables.

If variables are present in the file's properties, they will take the place of the map variables.

Another idea?

Hello

So MyPDMTools the registrants where the data?

If it's not related to PDM and the maps/mapped variables, I have a bit of a hard time seeing the point.

MyPDMTools writes the data to PDM (SQL), this data is supposed to enter the properties of the files... But I have to skip something and that's the purpose of my post.

Hello

To upload your variables to the properties of your file you can do it through the Epdm explorer: Edit / Update / File Attributes from the database. Your file must be extracted to be able to do so.

If you have a number of files, then you can use PDMProperties from the MyPdmTools suite which does it very well.

Kind regards

capture.png
4 Likes

Thank you d.Roger,

By the explorer it is functional.

By PDM properties, after mapping all the variables, the "work" is always done from File to SQL... What's my problem?

Hello

I don't know too much about PDMproperties but try by playing on the options of the list of variables in PDMProperties, see the attached image.

Kind regards

capture.png