How do I adjust the sensitivity of object selection with the mouse?

Hello.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to adjust the sensitivity for snapping to objects (including the selection of edges in drawings) in SOLIDWORKS?

Thank you in advance.

Julian.

Hello Julien,

So here are some settings to make in Solidworks, see attached screenshots.

There are also the F5 filters to activate the 'filters' menu bar and F6 to disable the selection of filters being entered.

That's what I do when I encounter this selection problem in the drawings and also in the 3D.

Kind regards.

If this doesn't work, you have to stop Solidworks and restart it, it's the memory for the display that bugs after a long time of using Solidworks.

2018-09-21_110414.jpg
1 Like

Hello Julien,

So here are some settings to make in Solidworks, see attached screenshots.

There are also the F5 filters to activate the 'filters' menu bar and F6 to disable the selection of filters being entered.

That's what I do when I encounter this selection problem in the drawings and also in the 3D.

Kind regards.

If this doesn't work, you have to stop Solidworks and restart it, it's the memory for the display that bugs after a long time of using Solidworks.

2018-09-21_110550.jpg

See also Mouse Resolution

1 Like

Yes precisely I don't know where the mouse resolution is anymore, thanks for the information @+

A.R

I don't think you can define a "detection zone" around the cursor like with Autocad.
The resolution of the mouse will affect the accuracy of the cursor movement compared to the physical movement of the mouse.

The magnifying glass tool (G key) is interesting for occasionally magnifying (the wheel works) an area without zooming in on the whole shot.

1 Like