How do I fix my problem?

Hello everyone, I just wrote on the site because I have a real problem with my solidworks and I can't solve it. I explain myself, I try to calculate the motor torque of my system, I use Motion, motion analysis, I define a circular hub (0rpm at t=0, 80rpm at t=2 by adding another key), I therefore obtain a uniformly varied and then uniform movement, I define the material of what my motor must move to have the weight to move, I put gravity down. I'll quickly explain my project anyway, it's a cabinet that slides along a bar and is set in motion by a belt (attached to the cabinet) connected to the motor placed vertically with a cogwheel (the belt here is only a sketch: belt function), I created a mechanical function conical drive between the motor and the cabinet to move it on motion. Let's go back to the motion analysis, so my circular motor is placed on the gear wheel and rotates the cabinet. At the time of the calculation, several problems: the first thing is that with gravity my belt goes down while it is constrained and this (I think) prevents the calculation because the calculation cannot be completed. And my second problem is that the motor runs around its own axis and I don't understand at all it is totally constrained (too). I hope you can help me as soon as possible, and thank you in advance for an answer! 

2 Likes

Hello

could you put a file with screenshots so that we can see with details of the constraints and etc....

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don't have my soliworks with me, I work on it in class...  

Hello, have you put contacts between your rooms? of materials??

Kind regards

1 Like

I applied oak to the cabinet, and how are the contacts? Yes, there are coincident constraints everywhere. I'm going to put up a picture this afternoon. 

Here is the Solidworks with the bevel gear that I hide afterwards, it just favors the movement of the cabinet according to the gear wheel attached to the motor.

ppe.png

Belt stress.

ppe1.png

The engine problem.

2.png

And the strap.

3.png

The constraints of the engine.

4.png

on your PPE view

we have the vague impression that a chain is through the transmitting pulley

optical effect or my eyesight is getting worse ;-)........................... I have, however, .......................... a beautiful screen ;-)

it's not your engine that should be running

but the rotor of your engine or the transmitter pulley

If you move in rotation with the mouse on the transmitter pulley, what happens?

which SW version are you in?

See these tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trrY6dqLBfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOX_HQzqHdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyxsRZG6RRU

Here is the project as it is, the creamer you see only serves as a connection so that when you turn the cogwheel with the mouse, it makes the cabinet move to or to the left respectively in the direction in which you turn  the cogwheel. I'm on Solidworks 2012. 

753159.png

Hello

Are you just looking for engine torque or do you absolutely want to do it with Motion?

In the second case, sorry but I don't have an answer.

Otherwise, classically, sum(F) = m.a i.e. F(motor) = m(cabinet).a (+F(friction) depending on the rail used).

So, C(engine) = F(engine). R(pulley). 

1 Like

Hello

What is the distance between the motor and the pinion and the weight of your motor? It's not that I want to question your design but if the engine is not too heavy; I would have put it on the cupboard and made an opening in your 3 tubes so that they could slide on  a small rack that you attach to the tube....