How to fill the title block by filling the custom properties panel

Hello

When I put my drawing, I want to fill in my cartridge through the custom properties panel.

I've tried a lot of things that I've found, I can't do it...

The name of the customer, the material grade, the operation, etc... I have attached my drawing.

If you could help me please... Thank you. :)

a4v_socc.drwdot

Hello, you have to use the properties form editor (the shortcut is in the solidworks folder in the list of applications under windobe)

I had asked a question on the subject if it can help.

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9s-personnalis%C3%A9es-uniquement-en-pi%C3%A8ce

2 Likes

So to use a custom prop in a drawing, you need to create a note with $PRPSHEET:nom_de_la_prop if it's a part or asm property and $PRP:nom_de_la_prop if it's a drawing prop (you'll have noted the consistency of the keywords...).

The editor Fuz3D is talking about is to be used afterwards to allow you to filter/limit the contents of the props without the user having to fiddle with the main panel with all the risks of errors that this induces.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! I've been looking for 3 weeks, testing it on occasion, I'm at the end of my rope!!

I had managed to fill in the properties on the part in 3D, and transfer it to my cartridge. That's ok!

Only using the names of the already existing properties. I had observed that indeed the properties of the drawing and the layout did not have the same file extension. So I had created one of each... But nothing helps!

However, when I'm only on the Layout, Impossible! Because that's my wish, and to fill the properties tab on the layout and directly it fills the cartridge... It doesn't find the properties I created??!! Brief! It's exhausting...

I put my file on top... If ever... Thank you.

Good evening

I mainly fill in via the part file or asm, as stefbeno says

$PRP:nom_de_la_propriété EPDM

Variables in EPDM are to  be filled in for SLDDRW extensions as Custom Properties attributes  .

Good evening and good luck

Hello. I still can't do it...

I have a standard version. I don't have the EPDM module!

Hello

You're on the right track!

If you want to link to the properties you've created in your drawing template, simply point your note to the property you want.

I have made a picture to illustrate my point.

Kind regards

proprietes.png
1 Like

I am also attaching the modified file. I only modified the notes at the top of your model, it's up to you to make the other notes of your background! ;-)

a4v_soccmodif.drwdot
1 Like

Hello jmsavoyat and thank you for taking the time to help me.

However, I have a 2016 version. Would it be possible to save the file so that it is compatible please?

I can't open it... Thank you very much!!!

There you go!

a4v_soccsw2016.drwdot

Thank you jmsavoyat!! In fact so far I can do it.

My problem starts from there! It's when I create the custom pane that I can't link my created property because it doesn't appear there!

I'll put a picture for you to better understand. Because my wish is to have the custom properties pane on the right, to fill it so the cartridge fills automatically. That's my problem!

123.jpg

Hello

When you create your property editor, you will fill in the name of the property it will create and the type of property.

In your case it will create a 'text' property to fill in yourself. Once the operation is validated, it creates the property for you and fills it in the title box if you have edited your text box.

In your case it may be more convenient to edit the document template and fill in some properties automatically. Create the Z property that equals the center of gravity on Z and save the document as ".drwDot"

Hello

For example, here's what you can put for the text box attached to your #CLIENT property:

This will give you an empty field in your palette that you can fill in as you wish (e.g. with the My Customer value in the image below):

And so this in the properties of the plane:

Kind regards

3 Likes

@d.Roger said it all, bravo!

- In "Title" you put the name you want to see

- In "Name" you enter the name of your variable

- In "Value" you shouldn't put anything

Then you save your form file in your properties directory (See Options/File Locations/Custom Property Files).

Then, when you link your notes with the properties, they will appear in the list. I attach the form files if you want.

Good luck!

template.drwprp
3 Likes

And your model with the links

a4v_soccsw2016.drwdot
2 Likes

Oh great!!! You are great and thank you again d.rogerjmsavoyat for the time spent!!

I'm trying to finish tomorrow, I'll keep you informed whenever I still have a possible problem...

Good night! :)

Good evening

Why not fill in the properties as well as the custom properties directly in the room and create the links of these in the background.

2 Likes

Hello

totally off-topic question but I see that many of you but a # in front of the name of the variables, is there a particular reason?

It's all good!! That's great! I'm delighted!

I put d.roger as an answer to the solution. However again a BIG thank you to jmsavoyat for the time spent

I used your file that you sent me back as a basis! Super!!

Pierre S, for my part I put a # to recognize my properties and that they do not interfere with other properties of Solid...

See you soon!! :)