How do I go back to the SolidWorks 2021 version?

Hi all

In the context of my activity, I must return to the 2021 version of SolidWorks (current version 2022) because my client is working on this version.

In the absence of compatibility between the two versions, is it possible to easily migrate from one version to another?

Have a good day everyone.

Basic simple answer: no.

With SW21 SP5, you can open an SW22 file but it will be almost as if you were opening a step/iges/other (with fewer errors), i.e. a dead body without a construction shaft.

6 Likes

It's not possible to migrate to a lower version, but you can have 2 versions of SW installed on your computer.

On the other hand, it is quite or even very dangerous, if you open a SW2021 room with the 2022 version and save it, no going back as explained by @stefbeno.

So be careful if you work for a while with the 2021, make sure that the SW file opens by default with this version, or even remove the icon on the desktop of the 2022 version to make sure you don't open it by mistake

And of course not possible to reuse your library pieces if registered in 2022.

6 Likes

Thank you for your feedback @stefbeno and @sbadenis .

I wantto install the 2021 version being careful not to create a conflict in my files.

Good luck to you.

Also pay attention to your SW configuration files (such as the material base for example) which will be converted at the slightest use of them and not usable for some on a 2021.

It is necessary to dissociate the two installations in different cases.

2 Likes