How do I break the links between Toolbox and assembly?

Hello 

I have a problem that has been bothering me for a long time,

when I create a part from Toolbox and I make small changes to it (e.g. enlarging the diameter of the hole, or simple machining), I save it in my assembly directory (and not in the Toolbox archives directories) and yet after saving and closing, Solidworks recreates a link with the blank toolbox part (without my modifications), So what I do each time is right-click, replace the component, and I tell him the right location of the part...

What's strange that at school it works without a problem, it's just at home that it happens to me...

I have a friend who has the same problem but it's reversed, at school it doesn't work and at home without problems. brief

I would like to know if anyone has had the same problem? and How to break the link between the assembly and toolbox, so that it looks for the part in my desired directory.

Hello

Try to look in the TollBox configuration for the options you have checked for the generation of a component from the toolbox (see attached image)!

@+

capture.jpg

I looked at these settings and I have everything the same as you, I never came to fiddle with these settings, I looked at the options in SW, tab   "External reference", "Default template" and "File location" but I don't know what to check/uncheck

Re

I'm not saying that my image is the solution but in my opinion it's in these options that you have to look!

@+

Hello Freepacrohff,

There are two solutions to your problem:

- Either you go to solidworks, tool, option, drilling assistant/toolbox and you uncheck the box called "Make this folder the default search folder for toolbox components"

- Either in the Toolbox installation folder, Data Utilities, you have a program called sldsetdocprop.exe, you run it, you choose to change the property to No and you define the files or folder where your Toolbox files are located, this will have the effect of "removing" the internal marker of the file that makes SolidWorks recognize the component as a Toolbox component.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Good evening

I think it's several problems:

- Addresses in the system options: 2 places:

- "file location + database... Drilling Assistant

- assistance with drilling" by unchecking "make this file... Default search... "

- the most important: a Toolbox setting => see the screenshot attached

toolbox.jpg
1 Like

Thanks to you, I'll try tomorrow, but I think it should work