How to select a stroke under another

Hello

At times under draftsight I have overlapping strokes, and I can't find the method to select either one or the other.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Draftsight I don't know, but I'll give you the Creo method :

you have to position yourself on the line/Right click (to go to the next layer)/Left click to select the bottom line.

Hoping it's the same method:)

Thomas

1 Like

In SolidWorks, there is also a "select other" function that I couldn't find in DraftSight.

However, in the same way as in AutoCAD, there are two ways to select through a window with the mouse:

- by making a right-to-left selection rectangle, we select only the entities completely within the rectangle

- By making a selection rectangle from left to right, we select all the entities in the rectangle, even those in part.

I hope that answers the question.
1 Like

Hello

When you select a line and then right-click and then display order, you can take that line to the background.

So when we re-select the line after, it will be the one that was below before that will be selected.

On the other hand when there are several lines??

@+

1 Like

An old technique is to select in capture mode (by pointing the mouse from right to left) and count the items found. Then to remove the top stroke from the selection, for example, select it and on the command line enter: "_R". _R removes the last selected item. As a reminder under autocad (and Draftsight) the "_" allows you to type commands in English (universal). If by chance, it is not the right line that has been removed from the selection, click it again.

Hello

I found a technique I select the strokes in capture mode, and with shift right click I deselect the one I don't want.

Have a good day everyone.

Kind regards.