How to Select a Face and Not a Thread

Hi there, 

For some time now, I have had the impression that the mouse cursor selects the thread more easily by default rather than the face of my part (especially when the part is not zoomed in very much).

Do you have a solution to no longer take into account the thread (I rarely need to select it)

Thank you in advance, 

20180921_100714.jpg

Hello

Have you tried with filters?

Cdt

Fred

3 Likes

Yes, as Fred says, with the "Selection Filter" toolbar or "F5" key on your keyboard.

1 Like

Yes F5 to load the filters toolbar and F6 to deselect the filters being typed.

@+

Alan.

Be careful, F6 is not filter deselection, it's just "disable filters/re-enabled"

This keeps the previous filter choices!

The "filter deselect" key has no default keyboard shortcut

Thank you for your answers, 

No, I don't have any filter activated, I would like that when I "hover" over a thread it is not taken into account, in order to be able to select a close face more simply.

I don't know if it's possible...

In each file:

1- Check that "the display filters are well adjusted" 

View / Hide / Show / All annotations (must be checked)

2- In the tree, right-click on the annotation folder: the first line below detail must be checked

3- In the tree, right-click on the annotation folder: 

3a- Uncheck Thread Representation (Unshaded)

3b- Check shadow thread representation

then do ok (get out of details).

Do the same for ASM if necessary... (according to the parent-child filter display rules...)

This adjustment is to be made for each file already existing (so you have to take them one by one...)

To avoid having to do this for new ones, simply change the DOT (ASM and PRT).

May the dark side be with you...

1 Like

Thank you very much! indeed my default parts had the "Thread Representation" display filter checked...

I would never have gone to see in there... :) Thank you all for your answers