How to simplify to save CPU resources

Hello

Everyone must have seen that. On the supplier files, for example this pump. When you hover the mouse over it, SW has to make all the edges of the drawing appear. This blocks the pc for the time it takes to calculate all this (or even to the point of crashing if you jostle it during this time...). And this is strictly for nothing. (I assemble the parts)

Do you have any solutions, software settings, recording format?

Regards

pompe1.png
pompe2.png

Hello, I suggest to see with the "dynamic highlighting" option, also with filters, 

For assemblies there are "speedpak" configurations (!), 

4 Likes

Personally it surprises me that solidworks crashes in part mode, even with large multibodies, it may be due to the hardware configuration, 

Hello

Since it's a DWG file, try to do a function recognition so you'll have an SDLPRT file.

That said, I agree with @Lynk

Kind regards

4 Likes

Thanks for the "dynamic highlighting" track. This should not solve the problem because this highlight, I will need it on other parts, disabling it would be a waste of time to add it elsewhere. I'll test it tomorrow.

Thank you, I'll test the function recognition tomorrow.

Another way if you absolutely want to keep the dynamic surbillance (option that I deactivate as soon as possible): remodel your engine with 2-3 basic functions to avoid having the edges of the fins.

It may be possible to create a macro button that will save you from going to the menu to enable/disable the surbillance.

1 Like

Hello

There's also the Defeature track which lightens up nicely.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

Hello

Have you tried unchecking this option: "system options --> display --> Highlight all edges of selected functions in the graphical view"  (see attached image)? You keep the highlight dynamic, but instead of showing all the edges of the part, the entire part is highlighted. It takes much less time in terms of display.

surbrillance_aretes.jpg
3 Likes

Hello

You can also use the blocking bar that prevents untimely rebuilds...

4 Likes

Hello

You kept the 3DinteConnect option, is that intentional?

If you uncheck it in: tools/options/import

SW will maybe go faster

. obviously you don't keep the link with the original part anymore if it evolves

2021-07-07__option_3dinterconnect.jpg
3 Likes