How do I transfer my files from computer to smartphone app?

Hello

I would like to be able to open my Solidworks files from my edrawing smartphone application but I don't know how to go about it. 

Thank you

iOS or Android?

Hello

I did some research and was able to find its:

eDrawings Pro for iPad allows you to view eDrawings files as well as parts, assemblies, and drawings in native SolidWorks format. In addition to the visualization that the standard version allows, the Pro version allows dynamic sections, distance measurement, creation and saving of annotations, etc.

eDrawings for iPad also allows you to view files in DWG and DXF format.

For the record, eDrawings is a product design communication tool for sharing representations of both 2D plans and 3D models . The electronic data format of eDrawings files is highly compressed to allow easy transmission by e-mail.

Also available on this eDrawings portal for iPad (standard version)

Here is the link: here

So if it's an iPad you need to have access to a storage area where the files are. a Dropbox can solve the problem. 

There are also wifi hard disks that connect to the device to read the content.

The easiest way is to send the file by email to the device and read it with edrawing

http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/ed/faq.htm

2 Likes

By email ...

@flavie

For information, when you rate yourself as the best answer by taking part of someone else's answer, you don't earn any points and neither does he.

Well okay I'm struggling for the slightest point at the moment because I need a coffee maker and I'm missing 200pt.... ;-)

3 Likes

Completely agree@Gerald !!! Not for the coffee maker, but for the principle!

Not very supportive spirit all that...

2 Likes