How to transfer a SW 2015 SP5 license

Hello

Here is my problem, we installed SW on 3 workstations in our BE. But with 2 licenses. 

So the "transfer /activation" by internet works very well between 2 stations, except with the 3rd station where I have a message that "the number of activations has been exceeded" see photo.

Could you please help me solve this little problem:)

Thank you in advance.

tansfert_activation.png

Hello

When you get the message "The maximum number of activations has been exceeded" it means that your license has already been activated twice. Maybe you forgot to transfer your license before changing stations. If you still have access to your station, you need to start SolidWorks, go to the "?" menu and choose the "Transfer License" line. In the event that your station is no longer accessible, you must contact your dealer to resolve the problem.

This problem can also occur if you format your station without having transferred the license.

Spring:

http://www.lynkoa.com/questions/nombre-dactivations-d%C3%A9pass%C3%A9

3 Likes
Hello It seems to me that this is normal. 2 activity licenses for 3 positions. 11:40 a.m.
1 Like

Excuse me, I expressed myself badly.

So PL: precisely it's to format my PC

so we have 3 positions: A, B, C.

A-transfer / B-activation = ok

B-transfer / A-activation = ok

C-transfer / B-activation = ERROR MESSAGE

Is this understandable for you?

1 Like

If it goes beyond the indicated framework, you have to ask the dealer...

The license is successfully transferred from PC C?

1 Like

Yes, my transfer is done correctly.

Uh... I don't quite understand. Are you looking to put the PC C&A license on the B and the B license on the A?

Because as I understand it, you're looking to activate 2licenses on the same pc. It's a strange way of doing things.

In short, in any case, if it's just to format a PC, why not just release the license, leave it unassigned for the duration of the formatting, and get it back afterwards? It is not going to fly away;)

1 Like

well I'm starting again:) 

3 workstations that can accommodate SW, 1 of which is not used since we only have 2 licenses.

My colleague has a license on his position.

I want to transfer my license to the unused workstation so that I can continue working while formatting my workstation

Transferring/activating my colleague's workstation to the unused workstation works very well.

The problem is that the transfer of my workstation works, but the activation with my license on my colleague's workstation and the other workstation does not work "error message".

I hope you understood me, otherwise don't worry, the holidays are approaching I will do the necessary at that time!!  

Thank you anyway.

Do all the workstations have internet?

1 Like

Yes, all transfers and activatin are done via the internet.

1 Like

Ha, I understand better!

I'm afraid that as said at the beginning, there is a license activation lost somewhere.

Basically, you'll have to call your reseller (or the one at the time if you're no longer under a maintenance contract) and ask them what it's like to clean it up.

1 Like

Depending on when the license is old, there are sometimes transfer problems (it happened to us).

Check with your dealer. With ours, by declaring this incident critical, we were unstuck in the half day.

1 Like