Unloaded component in assembly

Hello

I work under SW2014 and I have a small problem during my work in Complex Assembly.

Let me explain: I work on a building where I have to install duct networks . I have several Air Handling Units composed of several networks each (extraction, recovery, blowing, blowing+battery...).

I proceed as follows: My building is fixed in my assembly, and I insert the networks into my building one by one. When I'm "done" (because it's never quite finished) with the different branches of a network, I couple them into a subassembly in order to separate the different networks of the different CTAs. So far so good.

My problem is when I try to modify my networks (yes, the customer has changed his mind, surprising, right?). At this point, I take the targeted network out of its subassembly in order to avoid the multiple constraint errors during the modification. The problem is that after taking the part out of its subassembly, it is impossible for me to open the construction tree of my part in the tree of my assembly... (CF Screenshot)

I have to go back to my part to find its tree structure, impossible to edit it in the assembly... I tried to reload the whole thing, nothing helps, Ctrl+Q doesn't work...

Has anyone ever had this problem? Would he know how to solve it? Thank you in advance.

PS: the linked tree has a lot of constraint errors but that's not the problem, it happens to me frequently, even on "perfect" assemblies.

composant_non_charge.png

Hello

Is it on the Routing module?

A rebuild, an opening of the file or a closing and reopening of the assembly does not help?

Hi @Lucas, no, it's without any modules, I'm on SW2014 Standard.

In fact, if, closing my assembly and reopening it is a solution but since it takes time to open, if I have to do this for each modification, I will draw a straight length to the day ...

1 Like

And it's not an internal part of the assembly?

Opening it and then rebuilding the assembly doesn't work?

Or recharge it with a right-click?

Or should it be lightened and then resolved?

Maybe the reconstruction problem comes from the errors of constraints...

Do you have the same problem if you remove the constraints that cause problems?

1 Like

Hi @ JossG

when you try to reopen your sub-assemblies in your final assembly

esceque you closed your subassembly after the modifications made in recorded

if yes

you have to re-register your complete assembly so that it takes the modifications of your sub-assemblies

and reopen your mother assembly

in theory it should be good

@+ ;-)

1 Like

you have no choice, you have to close and reopen with each new edit

If it's too long for the reopening, there is a blocking bar tool that doesn't take everything into account but remains active for the visual and it moves at the whim of everyone

See Blocking Bar tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/barre-de-blocage-sous-solidworks

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Then...

It is not an internal part of the assembly.

I tried to recharge it, to lighten it, to solve it... Nothing to do

Rebuilding the assembly... The meme

I recorded it, re-recorded it under different names... Ditto

And yes, the problem also appears on parts that have no constraint bugs...

@gt22, What you offer me is indeed a solution that works but as I explained to Lucas, my assembly is heavy... It takes me about 1m30s to make a simple recording and two to five minutes to open the assembly... If each edit makes me lose five minutes, my day will be reduced to waiting for my files to be opened...

Otherwise, even if you reopen the subassembly or the part, re-register them, the bug doesn't go away:(

Ha yes, and for the blocking bar, I had opened another topic where you had given me this solution for the loading time. Unfortunately, this famous bar never appeared on this precise assembly...

It works everywhere... Except on this assembly, which I'm working on and I'm going to work on until 2015 at least... I reloaded my configurations, it refuses to appear:(

Block bar tool is there for that 

Your building never moves, it's always the same

Some elements create its in theory fixed and immutable concidere

so you block everything you can

even if it means moving the sub-assemblies that need to be taken over inside your creation tree

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Have you made a c.. or lose it somewhere

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Effects_of_Assembly_Structure_Editing.htm

Consequences of editing the structure of an assembly

Decomposing a subassembly or reordering components affects the constraints and features that refer to the selected components. Decisions about hierarchical groupings should therefore be made early in the development process of a complex assembly, in order to minimize their impact on these objects.

• The constraints move to the Constraints folder of the lowest level common parent.

Take, for example, the case of a constraint between P1 and P2 in the Constraints folder of the nested subassembly S3.

• If you move P1 up one level (in S1), the constraint moves to the Constraints folder of S1, which is the common parent of the lowest level on the same branch.

• If you move P1 to S2 (another branch), the constraint in turn moves to the Constraints folder of the top-level assembly A, which is the only common parent.

• If you decompose S3, the constraint moves to theConstraints folder of the S1 subassembly .

• Component repeats are subject to the following restrictions:

• If you move the original component of a pattern to a different assembly, the pattern feature and all instances generated by the pattern are deleted.

• If you decompose a subassembly with a pattern of components, the pattern feature and the generated instances are deleted. The original component becomes a component of the next-level assembly.

• You cannot move individual instances generated by the repeat.

• The functions of assembly, material removal and drilling are removed.

• The equations cannot be solved because, in many cases, the suffix <n> of the occurrence number of components changes when you rearrange or decompose an assembly. This change is made automatically to avoid conflicts with components in the destination assembly.

• The reordered component is removed from all explode stages in which it appears.

• Routing subassemblies are subject to specific rules. Refer to the SolidWorks Routing help topics for more information.

@+ ;-) 

1 Like

Hello

I had a problem when I was saving my sub-assembly internally when it was for a big assembly.

Then the other thing that stuck was the recordings where I kept the original name

Kind of assembly 1 for one machine and assembly 1 for the other type of machine

So even for an internal sub-assembly to escape that I save them under a name or a specific ref related to the open assembly (TOTO 1 of the thing, TOTO the return of the thing, etc...).

And I've had this since I started working in 2014. 

SW2014 spies on us and looks throughout the pc which makes me keep finding identical files with different internal IDs. (and then I realize that I work like a pig ;))

2 Likes

@ Gerald at least you recognize him (I work like a pig)

Don't worry, you're not the only one in this case

the list is very long ;-) ............................................ it is a breeding 

@+ ;-)

Well, after looking for a while, I found a way out... Not very catho but it works!

Basically, I have to hide the component that is buggy, show it again and its construction tree comes out as if by miracle!! Don't ask me how I found that, I have no idea;P

@+

PS: For the pig part, you just have to look at some trees (like mine ;)) to realize that the so-called pig work is very popular;)

1 Like

I have to be careful about what I write... I invited customers on Lynkoa :-0

But in the Pig EVERYTHING IS GOOD lol

1 Like