Take-home composition select only certain pieces

Hello

I would like to send a supplier part of my general assembly using the "take-away composition" function.

However, a large part of the assembly is not useful to the supplier and I would like  to know how not to save all this information.
There is the tree structure when you open the "composition to go" panel, but with the amount of parts contained in the assembly, it would be very illusory to succeed in selecting the components I want to share without forgetting or putting too many.

So I wanted to know if there was a "visual" method (by hiding the components, or by isolating) to select only the elements that interest me.

Thank you very much =)

Hello

If you go through the take-home composition, you can select certain parts of your assembly, but when your supplier opens the assembly, he will have missing parts that will appear grayed out.

Otherwise make it an IGES or STEP format by putting the parts you want to hide in a deletion state before generating the STEP or IGES

Hello

Maybe you could make him an e-drawing, and there you can hide some unnecessary parts.

Cdt.

Fred

With Speedpak you have some possibility to show only what you want

in 3D or drawing

See this speedpak tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudqtnSGUE4

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Well, I used a method that is probably not very catholic...

I hid the elements I didn't want in my take-away composition and then:

ctrl A (select all) > right-click in the tree > invert the selection > delete > take-home composition.

It's not very "clean" but it does the job^^

Of course I had previously saved under so as not to risk "damaging" the original file.

On the other hand, it doesn't work to select a part in a sub-assembly, it necessarily selects the complete sub-assembly, and there is no question of deleting parts from the sub-assembly at the risk of damaging it in the original file

look at the speedpak tutorial  it's nice ;-)

and it lightens the file ;-)

@+

yes I looked at the tutorial, I don't know if I can use it in my situation, but I'm going to look into it because it seems to be really practical for large assemblies (like in my case)

That's precisely the purpose of the speedpak, to show and be able to select only what you want

and what's more, eliminate all the small parts that load the file so that dale;-)

so more fluidity in large assemblies

@+

Well finally it's not that practical the take-away compositions, not only to export EVERYTHING that is in the tree including the hidden or pressed parts, it also recovers all the parts to which there is a link, that is to say that if the assembly has a constraint to a part or an assembly of a higher level, he will also export these assemblies ...

In my case I work on boats, I wanted to export the "steering system" assembly to my supplier so that he can integrate his rudder sector, but my steering system is positioned in relation to a bulkhead of a "carpentry" assembly and in relation to the "hull" and the "deck", As a result, all these little people ended up in the take-home composition file. Apart from the fact that the file weighs a ton, there is a lot of "confidential" information that the supplier does not have to know.

Anyway, I'm going to do a step and that's it... it will make me do a little more work to reposition the part he will send me but hey ...

I keep looking at the speedpack, for the moment I'm not too good.