"Concatenate" multiple custom properties into a single custom property

Hello, I would like to gather under the same custom property, several pieces of information (global variable from equation, Personal property, and text).

See example attached.

I created 2 pros. personal "HT ENCUMBER" and "LARG_UTILE" from equations, having the values respectively, 2390 and 1500.

I wish I could reuse these 2 values so that they appear in another personal property , and add text to them.

So I created the Test0 and Test1 properties (see attached image):

In both cases, under the "Evaluated Value" column, it removes the text I entered in the "Value" column, and adds the text of the value of the personal property, but not all the characters.

In Test 2, it's even worse.

Does anyone have a solution to this. by one means or another.

Thank you.

test_properso2.jpg

Hello

Yes, it is possible to concatenate properties.

Like what

$PRP:''Material''  -  $PRP:''Weight''

Yannick

1 Like

Hello Yannick.petit.

So why in my example doesn't it work?

Is there anything I didn't do correctly? I can't see.

So I did the same example as you, and indeed it works.

My problem may lie in the fact that my values are derived from equations.

In this case, how can we retrieve these equation values directly, to make them visible in the "Evaluated Value" column of the custom properties table? Maybe by another syntax?

I'm on Solidworks 2015 for your information.

test_properso3.jpg

Can you send the SOLIDWORKS file  in question?

I've never tried with equations.

I can send it to you in PM. How do I do it?

Addition of attachment in your answer.

Make a zip if several files.

I'm watching tonight

Hello

Look at my example, it's a tube with all its info concatenated in custom properties 

tu_o.sldprt

Hello

ac cobra 427: Yes, it works, but as in yannick.petit's example, the $PRP properties don't come from equations.

Yannick.petit: In attachment is the assembly file where the equations are located, and the custom properties.

Thank you for your help.

test-b10522075.sldasm

I managed to concatenate them in test5 if that's what you want. Paste this formula into test5 and it will work

"ARRONDI_LARGEUR_UTILE@test-b10522075.SLDASM" x "ARRONDI_HT_ENCOMBREMENT@test-b10522075.SLDASM"

See PJ

test-b10522075_ac_cobra.sldasm
1 Like

Indeed ac cobra 427, I tried on Solidworks 2019, in test at home, it works.

On the other hand, on Solidworks 2015, which we currently use where I work, it doesn't work.

Who knows why.

If anyone has the opportunity to try on a 2015 or earlier version, I'll be curious to know if it works on another configuration.

Thank you.

It works  for me too in the 2017 version

1 Like

It may be an SP problem, look if you have SP4 which is the latest version of maintenance free update.

I have the SOLIDWORKS 2015 Premium x64 Edition SP 5.0 version

You can ask your reseller if you have one,  a contact from solidworks.

They create hotfixes fixing buggs like yours.

On my side they provided  me with a fix following buggs on the welded part tables  under sw 2017.