Progressive Tool Design

At that time I was in a PFE internship and I was in charge of designing a progressive tool including a cutting, bending and stamping station.; And I'm doing quite well on the other hand I don't know some business rules for example how to choose the sights, their dimensions, the springs (and how to calculate your stroke), so on  ? 

Hello

I'm not sure you'll get a more precise answer by reposting the same topic in a different category.

As you have already been told, for screws, the shape of the head depends on the size, the diameter of the forces to be absorbed and the length of the geometry of your parts.

For springs, it is the forces to be supported that will determine the diameter of the iron and its attachment system.

As for the stroke of a spring, I don't really see what you are talking about, because it is not the spring that determines the surrounding parts but the surrounding parts that determine the spring. In short, if you have your drawing system, you must have the resting position and the maximum stroke position of the parts, so by deduction, the length of your spring.

Kind regards.

7 Likes

Duplicate?

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/documents-commerciaux/le-choix-des-vises-pour-un-outil-demboutissage#answer-741080

1 Like