Design in context - symbols used

Hello

I'm training in CATIA's 3DExperience, for the moment, I'm in the process of rolling out a tutorial on design in context. An interesting point of this tutorial is that it always gives points of comparison with the V5. I'm seeing that I have to revise a number of notions on this subject also on V5.

In this training, they discuss the following different symbols used in in-context design. I realize that I have never used it. I've seen some of them sometimes and I've always wondered how it works. It is time for me to clarify these points.

Could you bring me some elements for each of these symbols?

Thanks in advance 

Hello

Icon A

Represents a part in which something that is in another part, itself present in the assembly, has been glued with a link (The context of the link).

Icon B

Represents a piece in which something that is in another room has been pasted with link , but this special copy/paste/as a result with link was done in another context of the link (in a different assembly than the one opened in session).

Edit / Link allows you to know the path where this other assembly should be.

C Icon

Present only in a sub-assembly (level 2 assembly).

It represents a part in which something has been pasted with a link that is in another part present in this subassembly, but whose particularity is to be corresponding to the icon A (i.e. this other part contains a glue with a link that references a part present in the upper assembly (in your copy the head assembly, ).

All the complexity of these links comes from the structure of the main assembly (presence of sub-assemblies containing other sub-assemblies, etc.).

To remember:

Green gear, we are in the context of creating the link

Brown gear, we are not in the context of creating the link

White Gear Only on a part in a subassembly, this represents a link that references a part (green gear) in the context of the link.

1 Like

Great Franck. Thank you for your very clear feedback.