Mechanical design

I am looking for a solution to fix a pinion on a rotor without modifying the rotor; and thank you in advance.

Hello

Can we have a little more details?

- Geometry of the connecting surface(s)

- Is there a maximum footprint?

- Is there an imposed direction of assembly?

Like that I would tell you to fret and/or glue your sprocket, but you may have other assembly constraints?

Finally you are looking for a pinion that you could attach to your rotor??

If this is the case then you should be able to find a sprocket with a shoulder and with a thread in the shoulder you could then have a shouldered sprocket and a removable assembly. After this solution by the principle that you don't have a huge effort to counter.

Kind regards

Bastien

Hello

As proposed earlier, a pinion with a pressure screw will surely be the simplest, especially if the rotor has a flat spot.

For example, there are: http://fr.misumi-ec.com/eu/ItemDetail/10300428250.html

Have a nice day

3 Likes

Hello

maybe with an A5-56 type expansion hub at Emile MAURIN

2 Likes

To be able to propose an answer, you would need to know the shape of the rotor where you want to attach your pinion.

It is this shape that will influence the solution.

There are pinions on sale with a machinable interior so you can give the shape you want either to make a pin or a shoulder with a screw fixed in the motor shaft

I  opt more for the expanding hub which may not require any modification of the shaft and the transmissible torque is higher I think. With the set screw solution, usually the screw heads mark the shaft.

2 Likes

Without a little diagram, it is impossible to answer.

Can we go through one end of the axle, otherwise the sprocket must be cut in 2... etc... etc..

Hello

The expensible hub is, in my opinion, the best solution. Much better than the pressure screw I think

Kind regards

2 Likes