Cone Function Revolution: Sketch and Plan

Hello, I have a problem creating a cone of revolution on a part. This is to finish creating a point to a round.

The problem comes from the fact that my circle has a bending of 10° and I would like to start from the end of the circle which is therefore no longer in the classic reference plane X,Y,Z. I understood that I had to recreate a plane to be able to make my triangle sketch at the base of my 30 mm high cone of revolution, But I can't create this damn plan (I think I'm too new to industrial design. Attached is the

grelinette_dent.sldprt

if you have made a sphere which via the reading of the question I understand 

on this sphere you say that you have created a 10° bending

So you have created axes of symmetry of this said sphere and this one via a plane

So you just have to take this plane to create this triangle and make the revolution

post one or more images we don't all have the same version of SW

@+ ;-)

I want to add a peak (the cone) to a full circle. And I can't find a tutorial to create this new plane to draw the sketch of the basic triangle of the cone.

An image attachment

dent_cone.jpg

Hello

I can't open your coin because only in 2016, here is a bogus coin that I made to show you the principle.

dent_cone.sldprt
1 Like

Hello

I don't have access to Solidworks today.

I see 2 solutions:

1.Create a plane on the axis of your tooth and make a revolution

2. By going through a smoothing .

• Taking stock of an offbeat plan
  • Select circular profile
  • Select the point as the profile.

Kind regards

Yannick

@ Maxime

Show us your map 

To do this, see your tree of creation 

Explain how you created your round and bend

in theory according to the way in which the procedure was

we should find plans that correspond to your axis of your solid circle

@+

1 Like

I managed to make the cone. What is complicated for me is to create a reference plan with 1st, 2nd, 3rd reference. I managed to create the axis of the round and then two axes on the cylinder at the end, which allowed me to have an adequate plan. On the other hand, the general theory to build a plan, I can't find and even less for solidworks

dent_cone_ok.jpg
1 Like

It only remains to close the question

by ticking the right of the answer that made it possible to solve the problem posed 

This will make it easier to find the best answer to the question asked without reading the entire COM thread

@+ ;-) 

1 Like

Hello

Your piece doesn't vary in your top plane.

I took this plan as a ref for my sketch and I pressed my strokes on the existing volume

grelinette_cone_1.jpg
1 Like

There is no need to make a triangular sketch with one revolution for a cone. All you need is the tide and a point on a plane with the right distance and use the smoothing function. See example in my piece of the previous post.

1 Like

@ac Cobra 427

We agree that there are several ways to make the same part in Solidworks

Personally, for the main body I will start with an extruded profile according to a trajectory, integrating the 10° bending in the outline of the trajectory.

As for the way to make the cone, it's the same, there are several ways.

What pushes me into the sketch of revolution is the time it takes to reconstruct the piece

On the picture, you will see the difference between your method and mine;)

reconstruction.jpg
2 Likes

@pascal + 1

why make it simple when you can make it complicated ;-)

Yes, by dint of modeling, and especially for large assemblies

The need to simplify construction is understandable

and therefore minimize the reconstruction time

but I don't think our applicant is there........ ;-)

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

@gt22

We couldn't agree more.

I took the opportunity, in passing, to suggest a simpler basic construction.

Rather than making a cylinder followed by a bending ("complex" method), make a trajectory of the tooth shape, extrude a cylinder and add the cone.

Pros (from my humble point of view):

Basic plans are enough to build everything

The trajectory is very easily modifiable

we stay in volume (which SW likes best)

The file is fast in reconstruction time

I proceed in this way because we bend the profiles and thus the operator has the dimensions to form the part and as far as the reconstruction is concerned, it is almost zero because we always use the blocking bar which solves this problem.