Joint-derived configuration

Hello

Currently, I have a library of throat and countersink seals, and we create a new one for each ovoid and oblong shape depending on the subject.

My goal would be to group everything in the same library and to choose thanks to the derived configuration the desired shape that will remain configurable.

Is this possible?

Kind regards.

Hello

If vius use a derived configuration; You will still need to register your room with its new configuration. I have created a library of standard parts that I open and transform according to my needs and I save it as.

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/import-export-formats-neutres/créer-des-dossiers-dans-une-bibliothèque-solidworks

1 Like

Hello

If you go to the room configuration tab, you have to select "add a configuration". There you can modify your part, then in the assembly you can choose which configuration of your part you want to use.

Dimitri

3 Likes

Hello

Yes it's possible, I've already done it. I advise you to make a revolution function with an ellipse as a profile and not a circle. This allows you to adjust the shape (ovid only) as required, for a groove or countersink depending on the configuration, while keeping only one function.

Kind regards.

3 Likes

Otherwise there is still Driveworksxpress

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/SolidWorks/driveworksxpress/c_welcome_driveworkxpress.htm

2 Likes

Hello

If only toric holes, a family of parts seems to me the solution to put in place. With a non-circular sketch profile (like what jr_1 offers for example) it will also allow you to have your joints with "working" dimensions.

3 Likes

Hello

If I understand correctly, you have to redo everything in one piece and x config.

I lean towards the publisher configuration which when you insert a part asks you what you want. If the configuration exists, it offers it to you, otherwise it creates it automatically.

The folded side is that the more you use this part the more you enrich your configurations.

The flip side is that every time you insert a piece it asks you questions.

To better understand I make a part available (sw2016), make a drag dropped in an assembly.

May the force be with you.

obiwan-_bride_bavette.sldprt
3 Likes

Hello

Have you managed to solve your problem?

Dimitri

2 Likes

If it's to "Add a function" in a PRT,

(example a door, we want to add a seal on one side)

"Create a library function" would be the most appropriate

(with the possibility of keeping or not an "External Reference" to allow the addition of new config, retroactive)

As a reminder, "External References" are part of the functions that "weigh down Solidworks to death"

So when it's not necessary, we don't use them.

Otherwise, if the need is in an ASM, then the solution of going through a "Config Room" would be the most appropriate (with or without a Publisher depending on your taste).

"May the dark side be with you."

3 Likes