CAD hardware configuration

Hello,

I want to buy a new PC that should allow me to make sets on Inventor (2015)  up to 1000 parts without necessarily rendering.

Does the following configuration seem sufficient to you?

- Intel Xeon E5-1620 v3, 3.5 GHz

- 8 GB DDR3-RAM

- Nvidia Quadro K620

Thank you for your answers!

Hello, as you can see on the link, they recommend 12 GB of RAM. Otherwise the config looks pretty good.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Inventor-2015-products.html

Yes as said @ PL 

boste the ram

Choose an SSD hard drive for the system and logs

your graphics card is really the minimum a quadro 2000 would have been wiser in my opinion

@+;-))

1 Like

Yes for the ram I was thinking of going to 16 GB.

And add an SSD too.

On the other hand, for the graphics card, it's mainly to do my diploma project so I don't necessarily want to invest in a quadro 2200 to do a complex project and then small sets.

1 Like

you mio computer that sells second-hand PCs with configs for graphical logs

See this link

http://www.materiel-informatique-occasion.com/stations-de-travail-occasion_147_0_0_0_p1-cX.html

if you don't want to spend too much it is all under warranty

Several people here on the site buy PCs either desktop or laptop

and they are delighted to see you according to your budget ;-)

@+ ;-))

After having a weaker configuration can run the software too, but it can take longer to do some operations. If it's really too slow, just reduce the graphics options. By the way, why Inventor and not SolidWorks?

Expect 12 or 16 GB of RAM instead

For 1000 pieces a QUADRO K2000 would do you a favor.

The SSD will allow you to load and open your parts faster but will not have an effect on the display or the work in progress... You can save on that.

Good luck

1 Like

@gt22: Thank you for the link, indeed there are pretty good offers, I'll think about it.

@ .PL: Yes for sure, but for the moment I have a laptop with a not so great graphics and 500 to 600 pieces it still runs without too many problems. Inventor because it's the software that is used in my school (and which is pretty well done I think).

Thank you all for your feedback

1 Like