Solidworks Working Network Configuration

Hello

I would like to know the best hardware configuration (HP if possible) and software to deploy a work network under solidworks with 10 people.

We are equipped with HP Z600 workstations and our current network makes it very difficult to work with several people.

Thanks in advance

Hello

What is penalizing at the moment, the work of 10 on identical projects, the time it takes to open files, the time it takes to save, ....?

@+

Hello

This is the opening time and backup mainly. Working with several people on the same project is manageable.

Are the files on a dedicated server or like a disc in a server?

Are the stations on the same switch? Is it gigabit?

Because here we are talking about network distribution and not workstation power. 

On a disc dan sun server with Switch in gigabit.

The stations are not a problem, we agree

On a disc dan sun server with Switch in gigabit.

The stations are not a problem, we agree

Are you using an EPDM?

I noticed in my old box that it was not the assembly parts that were slowing down but the shared library.

so in a DIY way it's to each have a library on his workstation and to insert the component with a specific ref to the assembly case (so duplicates tripolon tananon of identical component) or passed through a system that manages this (hence the EPDM among others)

The only real solution is EPDM. The first load is long but as the EPDM automatically repatriates the files to the "local cache" of your machine, you work locally and therefore you exploit the performance of your hard disk.

@SEPPM. Gerarld is right, SolidWorks doesn't like shared files. That is to say that the first one who loads a file has no problem, but as soon as your file is read alone since it has already been loaded on a first computer, the loading time can be multiplied by 7!!!

Do a test:

No solidworks open.

Opens a SolidWorks and a medium-sized assembly in solved mode: times the loading time.

From another station, open this same assembly (which will be read-only since it is already open on your first station): time the loading time.

1 Like

Hello!

Taking a ccna online training on alphorm, it helped me a lot to share data securely with my team of technicians.