Confirmation of modeling of a mechanical problem

Hello 

I need to check the resistance of a system designed to lift a load of 9.5T.

The system consists of a crossbar made of HEB 180. On the ends of the crosspiece are attached lifting ears intended to hang shackles. The weight to be lifted does not rest on the entire surface of the beam (see PJ: Problem Modeling + Constrained Result).

In order to know the maximum equivalent stress as well as the deformation, I fixed the displacement of the ear holes and applied a force (on the load support entity).

I would like to know if possible if my modeling of the problem is correct.

I have also attached the results I obtained by SW simulation.

Thank you in advance.

modelisation_du_probleme__resultat_contrainte.png

Hello

It looks pretty good except for the ears, I have the impression that in your case the 2 ears are like bolted. Instead, you should put 2 point supports that represent the contact points of the shackles.

At least that's my opinion.

Have a nice day

1 Like

All right

Thank you for your quick response. At the level of the ears I don't know how to model the contact precisely, that's why I recessed the entire surface of the hole.

If I understand your proposal correctly, I should not fix this entire surface (otherwise it is a screwing/bolting model ) but rather put two plane supports?

Thank you in advance.

Yes it would be more realistic from my point of view

1 Like

It's working. Thank you very much for your help (:

putting this answer solved my problem

on the answer that made it possible to solve your request in this case

@ Tomalam's answer

Thank you

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

If I may say so, I don't agree with your modeling.

You say that each end will be fixed by a shackle, so it's not a recessed connection but rather pivotal or punctual.

If you look at the appearance of your deformation, the two ends have a horizontal tangent due to your embeddedness connections. The deformed has an "S" look. This will not be the case in reality.

The beam will rather bend as it rotates around its ends (hence the pivots) with a deformation in the shape of an "arc portion".

Look in a mechanical form at the difference in result between a beam on 2 supports and a beam embedded at 2 ends.

1 Like

@Thom@s, 

Indeed, that's why I'm trying to get corrected. I knew that my modeling of the connection with the shackle was not correct but I couldn't figure out how to model it in order to get as close as possible to the real case.

Thank you very much to everyone , it's nice to give me your opinions.

1 Like