Do you know Blender?

Can we export Step or other files in BLENDER?

Regards

David

Good evening

Blender opens many default formats and can open even more with the scripts available here 

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts

Good evening, yes blender export in step, but it's still mesh if you import into solidworks for example

1 Like

Good evening Gérard,

I would like to export step files from SpaceClaim and import them into

Blender, how to do it please?

Simply export or save in stp from SpaceClaim and open it in Blender.

Simply export or save in stp from SpaceClaim and open it in Blender.

Hello P.L

When I open a Stp file in blender the design doesn't appear!

Do you have a solution?

Kind regards

Hello

By exporting as a step, a neutral solid is created, the construction tree no longer exists. There is no possibility to recover it, unless in blender there is a shape recognition function, as in solidworks premium (for example).

3 Likes

Is there no error message?

We have to see if there are any export options at the SpaceClaim level or import options in Blender to modify.

Blender....? It's not a thing for cooking?.............

Well I'm going out.. ^^

8 Likes

@Bart and the kitchen...

5 Likes

See this link to import a 3D file into Blender

http://www.olborne.com/formationBlender/page/3D/importerObjet.html

@+

1 Like

via my readings

Save your spaceclaim file in sketchUp

Open this file on Blender 

Blender opens files in . OBJ

That is my conclusion, if I am not mistaken.

@+

2 Likes

Hello

PL, can you specify which Addon to use to import or export . STP with Blender?

I'm interested in solidworks because, as far as  I know, the only bridge between Blender and solidworks (I don't know SpaceClaim) is the . STL

1 Like

Bonjout GT22,

I saved my file in sketchUp, but when I open it with Blender nothing appears.

@gedup 

I had seen this link:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Outdated/Resources/File_Formats

And I thought these were the formats supported by Blender, but maybe that's a mistake.

look at the link I posted, there are the manipulations to make the transfer

@+

Sorry to reply so late but having abandoned CAD in my new job, not too much time.  

So in Bender it's normal not to find the part when you import it, because it's very small or positioned in such a way that you can't see it.

There is a way to zoom in on the said part, you have to select the import in the tree and bring it back to the foreground. 

Freecad is easier to use on this point.

Whether it's step or obj, it's the same fight, the import is not originally positioned, but you can find it (virtually) behind your back and no matter how much you zoom in, you can't find it.

Why the choice of Blender?, I resorted to it for the opposite, exporting designer files   to step. 

4 Likes

Thank you Gérald! I did it and you were right!

There you go, I'm working on SpaceClaim and I can't unfold a surface such as a paraboloid-hyperbolic. As I can't invest in SolidWorks, I thought of Bender, which is free, and apparently unfolds a sphere, so why not the PH;

Tell me, what software(s) are you working on? Are there any flattening functions?

Have a nice day

Yours sincerely

1 Like

@david.skorzewski I'm a solidworker and only use blender as a gateway

otherwise as another complementary software I use freecad, and inventor Fusion on Mac

of course draftsight and illustrator for sketches and 2D (illustrator allows me to vectorize for laser cutting and gives an "artistic" side to the case)

2 Likes