Connect this spiral inlet with the rest of the body of the workpiece

Hi all 

I design this filter with Catia. The following image is an example found on the internet of what  I am trying to achieve.

The inlet of this filter is in the form of a spiral (Turbo inlet style Turbo charger etc.) (tangential air inlet); I drew this spiral with Catia (figure attached)

My problem is that I can't imagine how I can integrate this spiral into the rest of the filter body (the cylindrical upper part in the attached figure)

Can you give me an idea please (whether it's a part design or generative shape design)

Thank you in advance

3.jpg

Hello

On the photo the inlet and outlet are perpendicular if this is your case you will have to start by modifying the spiral and adding a straight line (inlet) that you connect in curvature with the coiler (Under GSD).

You talk about a connection with the cylindrical surface, but on the photo it is a plastic part so the connection will be made with two inverted cones (hence a sweeping diameter that increases from the entrance to the bottom of the spiral).

Edit : if the diameter must remain constant then the spiral must be conical (follow the draft angle).