Thread drawing advice

Hello, I have some difficulty with the threads. 

First of all, I'd like to know if the shots if attached are correct for reading colleagues in production. The two pieces can fit together well? And is any information missing? If so, which ones (except for tolerances).

I also have a bit of trouble with anything threading per inch. For example the 1/2 inch by 28 tpi. I have to do a material removal at 12.7 on solidworks and then make my thread? What types of thread specifications will I be able to use on Solidworks to be able to make them? 

Thank you!

essais.pdf

Instead, you should use the drilling wizard to tap part 2. Indeed, you can choose directly from G1/2" holes that automatically size the diameter of the hole and create the representation of the thread on your drawing.

For the male thread it is a little more subtle. You have to select the edge of the cylinder then insert/annotation/thread representation and a feature manager opens and offers you the common threads (iso, metric, as well as etc). On the other hand, on the drawing side, it's more complicated because it doesn't automatically insert the thread size. It's up to you to insert it via the object of the template.

8 Likes

First of all, is full thread modeling useful?
There is a standard symbology for threads, I can only refer you to your "cartoonist's guide", also called "Chevalier" from the name of its author, or its equivalent, on the subject.

For the rest (use of SW), @ronathan answered you very well

5 Likes

Ah, that sacred Knight! ;)

1 Like

Hello

So here is the theoretical representation of threads, it's not me who says it.

@+.

AR

capture_decran_2020-11-06_092806.jpg
2 Likes