Constrain a part in context while leaving the plane centered (SOLIDWORKS)

Hello I need to edit a part in context (constrain it in width with other parts in an assembly) because I want the width to automatically adjust according to the dimension  of the other parts, so far it's fine, but I'd also like its plane to remain centered.

the problem that when I constrain the right line it also constrains the left one (see on photo) what I would like is to constrain collinear the right line AND the left line also with the left panel. I would like the central plane (point of origin) to move to the center at that moment. 

The only way I found to constrain my 2 lines is to remove coincident with my point of origin. But it causes me a lot of problems with the recognition of the other functions and the plan sometimes becomes completely  out of sync with my room.

Is there a way to constrain 2 lines in context and that my plane automatically adjusts (moves) in the center of my rectangle?

capture.jpg

you need to create a gray mid-plan of the 2 rooms

and that your origin is constrained to the middle plane

@+

2 Likes

Hello

A little tip in addition to the GT22 proposal (which I welcome)

You rate your rectangle indicating that these are dimensions are controlled. So the dimension changes by itself with the big advantage of having an automatic update of the new dimension in your MEP as soon as you open the MEP of your rectangle.

In addition, in the MEP I force the piloted dimensions to have the same color as the non-piloted dimensions so that neither seen nor known.

It must be said that I never make modifications to a MEP but always from the sketches or the 3D model so I am sure that the 3D is always the master.

Kind regards

1 Like

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

1 Like