Cam Stress

I have to apply a cam connection between a cam and a hitter both having a fixed axis. However, the constraint does not work because it tells me that the surface is not uniform? I redesigned the piece, and checked that each segment of the sketch was tangent with the others.

came_1.png

Second assembly with redesigned cam as an attachment

came_2.png

Show us your selected surfaces

you should only have 2 surfaces

and in your case with your acute angles I'm not sure you define a single surfave

maybe make some holidays near your axis to have surfaces that frolic permanently

@+

3 Likes

You also have the possibility to create a constrained sketch on your finger (hitter) that protrudes by 1/1000

and it is the outer point of this sketch that will slide on your cam this said sketch can be hidden

@+ ;-)

3 Likes

Here is an overview when I try to put the cam constraint, I have, on your advice, added leaves on my angles to increase the friction areas but it still doesn't work...

Otherwise I can't quite understand your other solution, if you could explain it more precisely

In any case thank you for your help :-)

came_3.png

That's strange.

Can you upload your template (the last one at least).

Attached is a model (asm with integrated part) that I quickly made. I didn't have any particular problems, unless the radius of the counter cam is larger than the smallest of the cam.

assembly2.sldasm
3 Likes

Hello

From your images your cam seems to be in surface, this may be the problem.

@+

1 Like

Good evening

I have tested your assembly and I don't see any problems. I added a part to have the two fixed axes and tested.

No particular problems.

Avoid as much as possible too steep cam climbs. For the story of the diameter of the follower, it's normal, it should not have a diameter greater than the smallest diameter of the cam, otherwise, you have 2 tangent points.

Kind regards.

test_came.zip
1 Like

Thank you for your answers, I'll do with your files. I still put the file as an attachment for those who would like to rack their brains.

assembly2.sldasm

You have to make a composition to take away, here we don't have the pieces so it's difficult to see anything.

1 Like

Indeed, it will be more practical  ;)

assembly2.sldasm