Constraint in assembly

Hello

Following manipulations adding removal of parts in an assembly under SW2014, I have constraints that appear light gray and defective. 

I thought that by removing the parts the constraints would remove themselves but it is not the case in the remaining parts.

Is there an option to clean up quickly? It's a matter of erasing what no longer has a place to be.

When you deleted your piece, the dialog box must have asked you if you wanted to delete the "children". You must not have ticked them.

New in 2014.

Edit: Subject partially here in the environment room, see answer from @jfaradon http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/supprimer-une-fonction-parent-sans-supprimer-les-fonctions-enfants

In 2014 I don't know if there is an embarrassing option for this 

but in 2012 I look at the constraints and the students 1/1 

@+ ;-)

So these are broken external references?

Try viewing/deleting relationships and selecting broken or external from the drop-down menu.

You can open the constraints folder at the bottom of your build tree, select the constraints in light gray and delete them.

On the other hand, it is to be done in each subset.

@Benoit I hadn't seen => I'm trying

@gt22 in 2012 I did that but 2013 I didn't do it anymore and in 2014 I start again "what the is this"

@Lucas yes that's right, but normally it asks you if you want to delete at the same time and then it only deletes in the general constraints, not in the constraint folder of each part that has been subjected to the constraint.

@Pascal is what I do but as I'm lazy I'm looking for something in 1 click ;-)

2 Likes

You can click on all of them while holding CTRL and have them deleted only once at the end!

1 Like

Otherwise, if you want to start a macro, here are some ideas, but it's not very interesting unless you have several hundred constraints to remove or you have to do it often:

http://help.solidworks.com/2011/English/api/sldworksapi/get_mates_and_mate_entities_example_vb.htm

http://compgroups.net/comp.cad.solidworks/macro-for-unsuppress-all-mates-in-all-ass/467862

But it's not worth it I think!

I think that benoit has put his finger on it but the child deletion is not accessible. See image

@Lucas it's not a lot of constraint either so the Macro blah. I already do as you said before the Ctrl click and delete.

capture_suppression.png
1 Like

Or a solution to have all the constraints in one window:

Select ALL the parts of the assembly  through a window with the mouse, then by holding CTRL right-click on a part, and click "See the constraints" (icon with paper clip and glasses):

The list of all the constraints displays, by holding CTRL to select several of them, it will go faster!

1 Like

Go to Tools/Options/Messages/Errors/Warnings.

There may be a message that you checked/unchecked once, which means that you can no longer access it. (I can't help you more, I'm under 2013)

1 Like

@ Benoit that's it! ------>It smells like a bottle

1 Like

What option did you uncheck to make it reappear? Just so that it will be useful to the next ones who will pass by.

For the bottles more than 500...

In Tool/Option/Assembly I checked check and automatically update all components

It doesn't sober up the child deletion but in my case it removes the gray constraints.