Constraining of views in relation to each other

Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to constrain views on each other,
(Specifically constrain two identical views [except with a different config], exactly on top of each other).

Thank you.

Hello, in the "view layout" tab at the top, you have an option which is "View from another position" which seems to be stuck with your request.

Kind regards

capture.jpg
1 Like

Hello

You can't constrain one view on another, you can just put them vertical or horizontal between them, not the 2.

On the other hand, given your need you can insert another position, corresponding to a configuration : Insert/Drawing Views/Other Position

1 Like

Thank you both for your answer.

When I do "View from another position", solidworks returns the message on the image below.

However I have my 2 configs on the part.

Hello

Is it a cross-sectional view? Lately I haven't been able to do a "view from another position" because of this.

1 Like

No, it's not a cross-sectional view, and when I click on my view, the box goes grey. If I select "View from another forward position", then I get the error message.

As said by Raimanu, be careful if you have details or cuts, it could cause problems to make the view...

Could you show us your set please?

1 Like

I cannot give or show any details about the current piece (For privacy reasons within my company).

On the other hand, I will try tomorrow to reproduce the problem on another part that I can share.

Thank you and have a good evening.

ok, good evening to you too

The view from another position works... for the assemblies! Not for the parts.

So in your case, make successive alignments in horizontal, then vertical (at which point the horizontal link will have jumped). Then select one of the views and right-click "Freeze view position".

6 Likes

Oh yes!!! You're right, a piece can't have two different positions and therefore it only works for the sets whose movement you would like to show.

Correct.

Very well, thank you for your answers.

Indeed currently I was using horizontal alignment followed by vertical, but what bothered me is that the piece could still move. So the "Freeze the position of the view" suits me very well.

Have a nice day!