Solidworks Sketch Constraint

Hello everyone, I work under Solidworks 2018.

When I draw a sketch, the software highlights predefined sketch constraints: vertical, horizontal... I would like to know how to temporarily disable this function?

I no longer want the software to offer me a constraint.

This can be as practical as it is cumbersome. Especially when you want to make a precise clipping on an image and the software offers you a vertical or horizontal constraint with each mouse click.

Please find a picture to see more clearly.

Looking forward to your return and thanking you in advance

. Yours truly, Sylvain

PS: Here is a picture circled in black of the automatic function I want to configure.

Good evening Sylvain

You have two solutions

The one that will be suitable for the entire duration of the drawing or as long as you maintain this option:

To do this: in the tabs click ==> TOOLS ==> Options ==> Sketch = Uncheck automatic relationship (this unchecks everything below this checkmark) or you deselect only the ones that do not suit you. ==> Validate

Another point solution (which I use almost every day) that can be useful  to you on occasion. If, for example, you draw a line, then if you press and hold the CTRL key, then SW will not offer you any automatic relationship. As soon as you release CRTL, the relationships are active again for the next line.

Kind regards

7 Likes

Perfect, thank you dear Zozo_mp for your answer.

I would also like to emphasize to the people in charge of the site that it is very well done, clear and ergonomic.

Thank you again for your answer.

Yours truly,

Susan 

1 Like