Toolbox Screw Constraint in Slotted Hole

Hello

Is there an automatic placement function in the center of a slotted hole for screws coming from the toolbox?

Thank you.

Hello @pascal.babel 

You should rather look at  Smart Fasteners.

You can configure Smart Fasteners to add any type of bolt or screw by default. The screws are automatically constrained to the holes by coaxial and coincident stresses. All this in connection with the holes made with the Drilling Assistance.

Kind regards

Thank you for the answer, but in the case of an oblong hole the screws may be placed on one or the other of the two 1/2 cylinders. the screw must be placed on the axis of the oblong.

I have to test to see if it works...

Smart fastener takes a lot of machine dips I think.

It seems to me a function quite often used in mechanical construction, it would be nice if it could see the light of day in a future version...

Hello

It seems to me that creating a smart component could meet your need. 

Yes, but it will no longer be a part of the toolbox.

The goal is just to bring a screw centered into an oblong hole, in the same way as with a hole.

Hello @pascal.babel 

In the 2020 version, what you want exists for automatic centering on oblongs.
Which SW version are you in?

In the meantime, you still have the choice of centering since the 2018  version but it's not automatic. So in relation to your request, I guess your screws are not placed on their own waiting for another part. If this is the case , you already  have the constraint that allows you to center the screw on the slotted hole.
I don't know the context you're in!  ;-)

Kind regards

I use SW 2019 so I bring my screw from the toolbox to the flat side where the oblong is "drilled" and then axis on axis by making a constraint.

It's not very long for a screw but for many it quickly becomes tedious.

Paschal

You can make it simpler!
In the 2019 version and before the part is positioned in the middle of the groove but  it is not constrained automatically by default in the lengthwise direction.

If you want to center it automatically (without another constraint on a plane or a dimension or two axes)  you have to use ==>constraints  ==> Mechanical constraints ==> Groove ==> (open constraints) and replace "Free" with "centered".
You should be able to create a keyboard shortcut to open faster.

Kind regards

1 Like

Otherwise you can make the sketch of the oblong and the temporary axes appear, with these you constrain the midpoint of the oblong with the temporary axis, then the perpendicularity and coincidence between the faces to finish.

1 Like

Hello
Damn slotted holes! The problem is also that you can't "copy with constraints" with a "mechanical constraint"...
What do they do at Dassault?

3 Likes

Pascal, we haven't used the toolbox for a long time! too many bugs! Make yourself a screw bibli instead.

3 Likes

Hello
An old unearthed post that can be useful.
https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/mise-en-plan/fonction-de-biblioth%C3%A8que-famille-de-pi%C3%A8ces

1 Like