Constraint?

Hello

I would like to simulate the lowering of my hood with the cylinders. To know if everything passes but I don't see what constraint to put in place. Anyone have an idea?.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

sans_titre.jpg

Hello

The SolidWorks limit constraint must be used in advanced constraints:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Limit_Mates.htm

We can put a limit on it.

3 Likes

If it is to check the travel of the cylinders, (assuming that they  are made up of 2 body + rod elements) we must use the Limit Distance constraint.

See image.

screenshot460.jpg
4 Likes

Hello a constrain that simulates the travel of the cylinder, or that blocks the angle of the hood between 2 values ....

sw02.jpg
2 Likes

Hello

You can also use the "move component" function and check the "Collision detection" box so that you will be able to see if it goes through or if it touches a place

1 Like

I put the constraint but the rod of the cylinder does not follow the body at all...

A little more detail? What way does it follow?

A print'screen of the defect please?

2 Likes

Well, in addition to the limit stress, you have to add a concentricity between the rod and the body.

EDIT: And between fasteners and rod / body as well.

3 Likes

Of course, you have to put a "Coaxial" constraint between the body and the rod!  The limit constraint only manages the distance.

2 Likes

And if your cylinders are sub-assemblies, you need to configure them as a flexible component in the first level assembly (in addition to what was said above).

2 Likes

Hi @ Valentine

you're under which SW version if 2012 I want to look

post your file

I have the impression that the installation of your jacks is a problem NO

Your cylinder needs to compress and decompress? it doesn't seem very wise to me

@+ a Red Hat ;-))

2 Likes

GT22 these are gas cylinders, the only thing that is important is the right position, so there is no question of compression decompression, they are made for that, its hood is like your car trunk.

1 Like

@mathieu

no matter the type gas jack or other

but visually it seems to me but I could be wrong 

depending on the size, the stroke of this cylinder and the position chosen for the fasteners and the opening angle

It must be during the race in compression and decompression

not sure that this is wise

for me a normal operation of the cylinder

Cylinder position retracted with the hood closed

Cylinder position with the hood open

The stroke of the cylinder determines its attachment position

@+ ...................... BR

3 Likes

Ok I didn't understand in that sense, but you're right.

2 Likes
Good evening in 2014 I have a coaxial constraint and a constraint on the distance of movement It didn't exist on the previous version On the other hand of course this assembly is flexible in the other assembly
2 Likes

Thank you all,

I checked otherwise, I put an angle constraint between the hood and the "frame"  and I modified this angle there, while leaving the coaxiality between the rod and the body of the cylinder and putting a pivot constraint on the cylinder clevises.

Thank you all anyway

To answer @gt22,

After simulation during the closure there is only compression and during the opening only decompression.

So the positions of my angles are good.