- part 1
          - Part 2
     Subassembly3
          - part 1
          - Part 2
     Subassembly4
          - part 1
          - Part 2

In other words, my main assembly contains products that contain parts. 

I had been advised never to put product stunts but rather all the parts in a single product (here my main assembly).

This makes it easier to manage constraints.

I didn't want to follow this advice but I think maybe wrongly... because I wanted to keep a fairly synthetic construction tree.

On the other hand, I now have some pretty weird constraint problems. When I change the value of a constraint in a subassembly, there are conflicts with the constraints on the top assembly.

Can you give me your feedback on the realization of assemblies including several levels of product?

Have you ever practiced this and if so, how did you manage the constraints? There may be updates to be made in a specific order so as not to have conflicts.

Thank you in advance for your help.

In general, you make one assembly per construction set. You follow what is done in the workshop;)

On the other hand, if you have problems with constraints on the floor above, it's probably because you've changed the lengths or axes of Ø. And suddenly it doesn't fit anymore.

1 Like

Hello

Most often, the bill of materials is a reflection of what is produced, item references, machined parts, or what is purchased. It is the composition of the project that makes the number of levels in the assembly.

Managed the constraints :

A project evolves over time and modifications, so inevitably the constraints often have to be redefined.

Examples include the addition of interlayer parts, (joint) the evolution of a machined part into a mechanically welded assembly, etc.

How to best manage:

Always fix the " frame " part first.

Tjrs constrain (selection of references) of the object to be positioned on the object(s) that position.

As much as possible rely on reference elements other than geometry, e.g. for a part of revolution around an axis (X, Y, or Z) select the axis for the coaxiality stress, not a cylindrical face of the object, (indeed the axis cannot be modified there will exist unlike the cylindrical surface which can undergo Nbrs chgmnts, which risk putting the constraint at fault.

Be careful not to over-constrain, a component of the assembly must not have more than 3 constraints positioning it.

The Publications uses positioning references in each component and a very good tool especially if they are elements such as planes, lines, points and not implicit surfaces, edges, or function axes.

1 Like

I can imagine Airbus designing a whole plane in 1 product... It's unmanageable and it doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, it is better to constrain the subassemblies together on a single interface.

If elements really need to move at the same time, you can optionally go through parameters.

1 Like

It is best to work with different levels