Constraints gone?!

Hello

I have a problem with an assembly... I have a rig with a grasshopper that I would like to move as it should.

When I open my grasshopper, I have all the movements that work. On the other hand, when I open the assembly where the grasshopper  is located, it's a tragedy!

I take the handle of the grasshopper to make it move and the movement no longer goes properly, it's as if there is no longer any constraint on the handle.

And of course when I come back to the grasshopper set alone everything is fine...

What is going on?

Thank you

Thomas

sauterelle_volante.bmp

Hello

Maybe you have to see the constraints you put in your assembly between your sautrelle and the rest.

If not, constrain only the body of your sautrelle and not the stem.

In your asm of sautrelle, also check that it is your body that is not a fixed component

PS: I'm not on Creo yet, but I've already had this kind of problem on Wilfire4

@+

1 Like

Hi @ tomalam

I noticed this same problem at least on SW

to solve it in part your grasshopper must be at the last level 

The movement constraints work

@+ ;-)

1 Like

I just saw something else...

When I put my assembly in another assembly, it works...

@Dahu I controlled my stress positions well

@Gt22 I tried to put it last, but nothing better

Hello

One or 2 small questions to better analyze.

Do you use standard constraints or placements by mechanism?

Is everything properly constrained (no small square on the pieces)?

I think the problem must come from a tangency that saves itself on the other side of the diameter. You must have the constraint hypothesis option enabled on a part. We must surely add a constraint of orientation.

Which version are you working on?

1 Like

I'm on Créo pro 5.0

I have put movement constraints (pivot, plane...) and everything is fully constrained, I have rechecked each link but nothing suspicious

Argg, anything I don't use.

Have you tried to do the placement in standard constraint?

If I put standard constraints it won't move anymore!

I put the type of constraints in the PC because I don't know if we're talking about the same things. Laughing out loud

contraintes.bmp

We are talking about the same thing.

I don't like to use these constraints.

I prefer the more classic positioning constraints, such as inserting, pasting...

Then to make it move, if you create a plane in the assembly with an angle, you just have to vary the value of the angle.

You can even put this value as a parameter.

1 Like