Constraints during part insertion

Hi all.

When inserting a part into an assembly, is there a way to  automatically start the "constraint" function?

It seems to me that this was possible on the old versions, I work with SDW2018.

Thank you for your answers.

Have a nice day.

Good day,

You mean automatic stresses on parts designed for this (like bolts or nuts designed for it)

Otherwise you have to select two parts to constrain and the control key and by default it offers you the most likely constraint (such as concentric for a hole and a cylinder)

Can you specify  because I have the 2018 version so we can check together.

Kind regards

@Zozo_mp, I meant that when you insert a part you put it anywhere in the assembly and the constraint function is active.

I didn't want to talk about the references of constraints such as on screws in general.

Hello

Launch automatically I don't know if it's possible but you don't have it anymore in the shortcut key "s".

may the force be with you.

1 Like

Hello@NdMoutiers

I think I understand, without understanding what you want.

When you insert a part either by drag and drop from a 2nd window, or by selecting a file in a list, the part inserts, or where you let go of your mouse, or it fixes it to the coordinate point.

Until the deposited function is completed, you cannot activate the constraint function.

Following your remark and the sudden doubt that took hold of my mind, I tried all the possible combinations again and well it seems that it is impossible.

The reason is easy to understand because all the functions are sequential without SW.
The insertion function is also sequential so no possibility to do two simultaneously. If only because SW is a single-task for everything that is modeling. It would take multi-threading and the SW code to be deeply modified for this to be possible.

Unless a colleague or friend of the forum more educated than me, knows a trick, I don't see how to do it.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Enough with the @Zozo_mp analysis, so the idea could be to run the "constraint" command when the part is placed.

VBA madmen will still be pleased.

Hello

I remember that it was possible on the old versions but now I try to look for it, it seems that it has been deleted.

If you want to do this to save time, I suggest you combine the "Add a component" function and the "constraints" function with keyboard shortcuts. It will allow you to switch from one to the other quickly.

1 Like

To see

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/solidworks/sldworks/c_Mate_References_Overview_SWassy.htm

@+

Ah, I also remembered that it was possible..... it's okay I still have my whole head... OUFFFF !! Thank you @ludo.may.

Too bad SDW removed this feature..... not glop !!

So we're going to use keyboard shortcuts to save time!!

Thank you all for your answers.

Have a nice weekend!!!

ago ludo.mai | 2465 point(s)

Hello

I remember that it was possible on the old versions but now I try to look for it, it seems that it has been deleted.

If you want to do this to save time, I suggest you combine the "Add a component" function and the "constraints" function with keyboard shortcuts. It will allow you to switch from one to the other quickly.