Constant thickness control?

Hi all

I'm looking for a thickness control function on a plastic part under SW but can't find it.

I am under 2013 STD version and not Premium and it seems to me that such an analysis is only available from Pro?

Otherwise, among the Axemble tools, has anyone ever used a module to do this?

Thanks in advance 

Hello

under the 2012 version, in evaluate there was "thickness check", more in the 2013 version?

Cdt

Fred

Hello Jose-accessa

What do you mean by 'thickness control function on a plastic part'?

Otherwise, as Fred says, the function still exists on SW2013 but this function will only show you areas included (in or out) of the limits you define beforehand.

You will then have to analyze yourself by measuring the indicated areas. 

If you think of a function that rates your thicknesses with a numerical value on the screen in a single operation, I would say no! 

Cédric.

1 Like

Thanks to you 2 but, which version are you in? Because on STD, no option is available.

@Cédric: An injected plastic part must be of constant thickness, so I have to check my design to make sure everything is constant.

Under 2013 premium for my part.

Yes I know these problems, I design injected plastic car parts as well;)

On the other hand, the constant thickness is not an obligation since you can play on the ep variations to facilitate, modify, orient, 'control' your flows. 

Cedric.

Yes, the function is only available under Premium, hence my question, is there an external module to do the same thing.

Regarding the design itself, we drift a little but for this part in question, I have a technical obligation.

I work with SW 2012 premium

Fred

Indeed, Jose-accessa

Nothing in the STD version:(

1 Like

Hello

It seems to me that the function is part of the basic SW and is, as @Cédric says, in the "Evaluate" toolbar. If there is no one, this bar must be personalized.

Kind regards 

analyse_epaisseur.jpg

@jmsavoyat: Nothing at all on my side :/

Hello José accessa,

I don't know if it may interest you but CoreTechnologie has developed a thickness control module with a famous OEM working on automotive plastic parts so that designers control the quality of their creations themselves, especially sink problems etc...

this module can be integrated with the 3D_Analyzer viewer which can read a lot of native and neutral CAD formats including SW of course. 

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/logiciels/cao-3d/3d-analyzer.html

As a result, it becomes very fast to control the quality of the designs and share these analysis results as you can see in the video below. Analyses can also be carried out in bulk automatically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GptAIAOiY&list=UUpRj8hAkqG9v4FKcrycGXng&index=2

Cdt

@ Jerome;

It's almost the same tool as SW's thickness analysis. 

It's a shame because Jose has SW at the base!

@ Jose:

Do you have any other design software? Or, if you have an in-house metrology department, I know that metro software (some not all) can analyze the ep...

Do you ever know;)

Yes exactly, in fact I know this tool very well on SW for having used it some time ago on a Premium version.

It bothers me a little to have to go through another software to do the same thing.

@Cedric: No metro service, there are 2 of us at the BE:)

Not cool Jose!!

How are you going to do it?

In fact, I create my parts as best as possible before sending them to our injection suppliers for consultation.

They make me a study so that I can then modify the problems encountered.

Checking my thickness myself would have saved me a good amount of time:)

The analysis of the apier in SolidWorks is actually part of the Utilities module. which is present from the pro module, so indeed in the standard version we don't have it.

2 Likes

Hi @ jose

No pot, I'd gladly do it for you......... but I'm in SW 2012 

There is no one on the site a charitable soul

able to waste a little time to check his part

That's also what exchange and sharing is all about

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Thank you but Cedric has already proposed to me by PM:)

It's just that the files are confidential (as is often the case in our business).

But it's nice to have thought about it.

1 Like