Converting SLDPRT to SLDLFP

Hello

I would like to create new standard profiles in a library, so that I can use the solder functions and easily change the profile type/size.

So I created my sketch in a standard solidworks file (SLDPRT) and I created corresponding ocnfigurations each at a different size/type.

In order to have one file per configuration I used the macro available here which allows to separate the configurations, but this creates SLDPRT files that I cannot use as a profile library.

Do you have an idea or a macro to solve my problem?

Thank you.

A path to follow

See this link

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/convertir-esquisse-en-lib-feat-part-sldlfp

2 Likes

Thank you GT22,

I went to see this post that I had already seen some time ago. In reality my problem does not come from the sketch but from the file format. Because if I open my parts that are in SLDPRT and save them in SLDLFP, everything works very well.
My problem is that I have about 200 files to convert, there must be an easier and faster way than opening each file one after the other and then saving them in the right format.

Hello

Have you ever looked with the task planner??? Maybe there's something to convert the files.... I can't look because I'm not in front of a PC but maybe it's a lead...

1 Like

Good idea AC-Cobra I'll look at this and I'll be back.

Hello

Why separate the configurations,  one room. SLDLFP with a part family works very well.

In the size tab you find the part family.

May the force be with you

tube_rectangulaire_construction_mecanique.sldlfp
2 Likes

There was an idea, but the task scheduler doesn't recognize the SLDLFP extension.

1 Like

This topic is no longer relevant, I composed a family of pieces manually.
Thank you all for your help and clues, all your answers were useful to me.

A+