Convert .easm file to .stp or other .iges or dxf file

Hello

Do you have a solution to convert the file of a PDA (ASM-PWS440_SYSTEM.easm) because I opened the file with edrawing but I can't do anything with it.

I need it to integrate it into a Catia V5 3D model.

I need either a .stp or a .dxf to do it in 3D.

Thank you in advance for your solutions

asm-pws440_system.easm

Hello

From Edrawings, it is possible to record in STEP. See my tutorial here:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/convertir-gratuitement-des-fichiers-solidworks-sldprt-sldasm-en-step

1 Like

Hello

For my part, I don't think it's possible. It may be possible to register it in STL if the person who did the EASM has selected the export option.

2 Likes

Hello

I haven't tested it but I have a hole in it 

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/peut-convertir-un-document-easm-au-format-step-ou-iges

May the force be with you

2 Likes

Indeed, the tutorial only works if you have the SolidWorks file and not an Edrawings file!

This is possible with SolidWorks if it was planned when the Edrawings file was created.

Hi Obi Wan,

The link says the same thing I wrote. The creator of the file must have checked this option: allow export in STL format

2 Likes

Can you take the file I attached to my application?

And I don't know if the option has been checked because it's a file received from a supplier (I use Catia V5).

Open it with edrawing and make it saved as and there you will see who is possible. If you get there, it is because he had checked the option and reverse.

A silly question (I don't know catia) can you open it in catia?

Hello

I looked on the web and it seems that it is not possible to convert an EASM to a step. The EASM file is an exchange and intellectual protection file. So the simplest,  ask your customer to provide you with a step of the assembly and if he can't ask for a bulky volume, for an integration it's enough

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answers. I'll see through other provider's front door to really have the .stp and to answer Manu67: you can't open it with Catia.

.easm files are unusable with edrawing (trial version) it's visual...

Hello

That's what it seemed to me. I tested this morning to open and register under to see if the STL option was enabled but it doesn't have it. As you say; you should see with your supplier for the sending of a WWTP.

Manu67 here is the file .exe posted.

asm-pws440_system_64.exe

Thanks to OBI WAN for the tutorial on changing the 3D extension of .easm-->.stl-->.stp.

And a big thank you to Manu67 for trying to get me through to the end.

The supplier uses Solidworks, so I find it strange that they can't generate a .stp file.

(perhaps for intellectual property?).

I'm trying to see if it can provide me with a .stl file.

And hello to all the community.

Hello

As I said, ask your client for either a bulky volume, or a defeature or a speedpack . For the speedpack ask him to leave you certain face to be able to set constraints and possibly  be able to control games, I have often used this method.

may the force be with you.