Convert catpart to stl

Hi all

I have a catpart that I want to 3D print, usually I save my file in STL and everything goes well.

but for a part it gives me an unusable file to declare non manifold by the slicer. I tried to repair this stl with various dedicated software, but it deforms the part or makes holes in me. I went deeper into catia in the machining/STL module rapid prototype where I tried to repair my mesh but I can't do it, it also deforms the part and leaves holes and removes details, do you know of a tutorial to help me, I have already found a small tutorial on the sculpted site but without results.

Thanks in advance

Hello, since you have already scratched a lot on the STL side, you should maybe look directly on your CATPart.

You may already have a problem before the conversion to CATIA geometry.

If you can attach your files.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, but could you give me some ideas to explore to check the geometry, I'd like to learn.

Surface connection defects must be tracked down.

Solid/Surface Mode:

To do this, we use rendering modes with edges.

We look for what seems strange in the connection of the edges or the absence of dead edges.

We also look for overlapping PBs (often created by bad coincidence or symmetry).

The highlighted identification must be active (orange color of the faces and edges that are selected with the mouse).

Method, we select a face and we check that the orange color of the face stops at the connection edges (that it does not seem to continue in the material) which would indicate that there is a defect and very small spaces in the geometry.

You can also use the dynamic section to search for possible Bubbles.

Surface if the model was created in GSD and was not populated.

In tools/options/display/visualization (check surface edge styling).

We switch to wireframe mode and we visually search if we find edges (colors selected for the style of the surface edges).

If they are found, they are free edges (holes).