Convert 2013 SW files to 2014 SW

To convert files from SoliddWorks 2013 to SolidWoks 2014, simply open these files with SolidWorks 2014. At the time of opening, SW specifies that these are files of an earlier version. They must then be saved and they are transformed into the 2014 version. The quickest way is to open the general assembly and then save, this transforms all the parts at once.

On the other hand, you can't do the opposite, i.e. have SW2014 files that you transform into SW2013. When you open an SW2014 file with a version of SolidWorks 2013, it specifies that it is a "future" version and you cannot work on it. it is irreversible.

7 Likes

I would add @alain. ERP, you can save as a copy a 2014  file  to which you would give a hint if you want to keep the 2013 file intact.

In case there are 2013 and 2014 positions in the same environment

Otherwise to go from 2014 to 2013 you have to switch to a neutral file such as STEP or IGS. Then with a premium version we do function recognition.

3 Likes

@ GĂ©rald we can see that some tutorials bring a + to the good understanding of the log ;-)

well done Dude

@+ ;-))

1 Like

@gt22, when you have access to the tutorial .... I have a problem of was not found

1 Like