Convert a tube into a mechanical weld without loss of references

Hi all

I want to convert a tube made from an extrusion, into mechanical welding. The problem is that I lose all the references (part used in a lot of assemblies).
Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you all

Hello
If there is a solution, I'm a taker

1 Like

Hello

Sorry, there is no solution!

You can do function recognition in volume and sheet metal work, but not in welded construction! Apart from redesigning everything, there is no other method.

I had already mentioned this problem on the forum a few weeks ago...

Good luck...

1 Like

Hello

If you make an extrusion configuration and one by converting to welded construction to play with each other depending on the need and the new assemblies to come.

2 Likes

I don't have too much time to do any tests, especially with your solution, but I think that we will lose the references anyway and this would force us to open all the assemblies and update them. To be checked.
SW is overall quite touchy, humm that I like constraints that jump for no reason :rofl: :grimacing:

1 Like

I have a 2016 version so I don't have this option, can anyone try on a newer version?

(see my image)

1 Like

It's just for the list of welded parts, not at all for the constraints.
Already between a rectangular tube and a square tube, the constraints jump between an extrusion and a welded construction, I don't see by what miracle SW would find its little ones...

1 Like

Bjr,
Maybe redraw the mechanically welded tube on top and put the extruded body in a hidden state, it's a MC giver shenanigans but it should do it.
May the force be with you

Edit: you can exclude the extruded part from the list of mechanically welded parts to no longer see it in the nomenclature and also assign it a mass of 0 to have the right weight.

1 Like

[TROLL On Mode]

The problem must be serious! Especially if ObiWan's fluid is no longer enough and he has to summon Mac Giver.
So just hide the tube by using the dark side of it if I understood correctly.

[TROLL /OFF Mode]

NOooooon don't bang your head!

1 Like

@Zozo_mp ,
Yes because suddenly you have on the screen and in your ASM the desired part and as the second one is just in hidden state its references are always present so always in action for the constraints.

may the force be with you.

1 Like

Hi everyone, it's the OBI_WAN solution I use, but as I also use costing behind, it sees two bodies and numbers anything, but hey, it's one more step in costing but it's okay. Thank you all.

even if you exclude the part from the list welded mechanic??

1 Like